Which taylor swift “midnights” song are you based on your zodiac sign?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

On October 21st, Taylor Swift released her highly anticipated 10th studio album, “Midnights.” Since
then, it has broken streaming and sales records worldwide, recently seeing Swift take up all the top 10
spots of the Billboard Hot 100 and become the first artist in HISTORY to achieve this feat (with Lana Del
Rey sharing a site with her.) Long story short, the reception has been overwhelming. But now that it’s
been in our music libraries for some time now, why not assign songs to all 12 zodiac signs? (Though
bonus tracks were released shortly after the album was available, we’ll only be using songs from the
standard version of Midnights because Taylor believes the 13 songs “form a full picture of the intensities
of that mystifying, mad hour.”)

Aries – Mastermind
One notable thing about Aries is their competitive nature and determination always to get what they
want. They also love getting one step ahead of themselves and consistently take risks even when they
don’t have to. Much like in “Mastermind,” Aries tend to plan ahead of events and strategize “to be the
pawn in every lover’s game.” Mostly, they end up being successful, just like the song. And if they tend to
boss others around, don’t worry; they’re only cryptic and Machiavellian ’cause they care!

Taurus – Maroon
Holding on to memories and emotions is a regular Taurus activity. When it comes to love, they are able
to remember even the most intricate of details and they constantly long for commitment even after a
relationship fails to work out. “Maroon” is a song full of just that – longing for memories with a former
partner and relying on the details to keep this emotion alive. The song recalls everything from the
burgundy on a t-shirt after being splashed with red wine to mistaking carnations with roses and of
course, to the sky being so scarlet it was maroon.

Gemini – Anti-Hero
With the release of its music video seeing Swift hang out with her double, “Anti-Hero” was bound to
become Gemini’s anthem. Though their duality allows them to excel in many areas of their interest, this
can also guide Gemini to self-deprecation and disappointment when unsuccessful. Much like “I wake up
screaming from dreaming, one day I’ll watch as you’re leaving and life will lose all its meaning,” Gemini
turns into an overthinker and often worries about imaginary scenarios they make up in their head. The
song’s opening line, “I have this thing where I get older but never wiser,” could also reference Gemini’s
worry about wanting to do so many things and running out of enough time to give them all.

Cancer – You’re On Your Own, Kid

As a very emotional sign, Cancers can easily cause a domino effect in their emotions where if something
goes wrong they question just about every other aspect of their lives. Cancerians are not risk-takers, as
their comfort zones are not emotionally challenging tasks. And when faced with such tasks, they will
bottle up all their emotions and have them spinning around a loophole of overthinking. But just like the
song’s silver lining, Cancer’s recognition that they’re on their own allows them to develop the
persistence that is so looked up to by the rest of the zodiac.

Leo – Bejeweled
Leos are confident and fierce and love taking up the spotlight, so this song is the right fit for them!
“Bejeweled” is a song directed at people that fail to value others’ worth, which is just what Leo needs to
say goodbye to the naysayers they encounter in their lives. Ruled by fire, Leo always aims to “make the
whole place shimmer” merely through their presence, and their confident nature allows them to pull it
off fine. Leos also won’t hesitate to cut people off if they feel they don’t put in as much effort as they do
in a friendship/relationship. As a fashionable sign, you can always trust a Leo to polish up real nice!

Virgo – Question…?
Much like Taylor Swift’s questioning in this song, Virgos are over-analyzers. They will look into a situation
and find the best possible outcome no matter what it takes. As “Question…?” includes several lyrics
others may find intrusive, for many Virgos these may seem as nothing but background checks to better
understand a situation and then act or give advice based on the material they find. But this isn’t to say
they do this for their own benefit, but it’s for the benefit of the majority as they aim to make the
smartest and overall best decisions in general.

Libra – Lavender Haze
As a very romantic sign, Libra loves prioritizing relationships. Something else they love is keeping these
to themselves and not for show or staying “in that lavender haze.” They are very strict not only when it
comes to what they decide to share publicly about their love life, but they are just strict about
relationships being a 50/50 mutual benefit in general. Their symbol is a scale balance, after all. And once
they do find that partnership, nothing is going to get in their way, no matter what people say.

Scorpio – Karma
Scorpios are well known to be self-aware when it comes to their influence. Many of them also believe in
the force Swift sings about in this song and how sometimes the best karma one can go through is
watching those they’ve put down rise and become successful. Lovers of anything revenge, “Karma” can
serve as a perfect reminder not to mess with a Scorpio because that negative energy can jump right
back to you.

Sagittarius – Midnight Rain
A notable thing about Sagittarius is their constant drive for adventure and questioning commitment.
Though they may be the “Midnight Rain” of their relationships, Sagittarians do this to maintain their
independence and not let people hang onto a relationship that just was not meant to work out in the
first place. With Taylor Swift being Sagittarius herself, she’s demonstrated time and time again that the best relationships are the ones where your partner can keep up with you and support your ambitions,
which is just what Sagittarius needs to progress and grow.

Capricorn – Sweet Nothing
Though Capricorns can often be considered overachievers, worldly, and ambitious, sometimes they’ll
soften up and settle down for anything if it means they can find a safe space in their partner. As “Sweet
Nothing” discusses the preference for a private yet intimate romance over a lavish one with constant
PDA, this song perfectly encapsulates how Capricorns loosen up their expectations in the hopes of
finding the love with which they feel most comfortable.

Aquarius – Snow on the Beach (ft. Lana Del Rey)
Aquarius is a unique sight to encounter, just like seeing snow at the beach, and this quality makes them
shine the brightest. And though a sight like snow on the beach may confuse people, Aquarius would not
hesitate to embrace the strange sight with an open mind and welcome this love into their life without
judgment. Also, the title fits well with Aquarians’ symbol of the water bearer.

Pisces – Labyrinth
With its dreamy synths and lyrics about the “ah-ha” moment someone gets when falling in love,
“Labyrinth” best describes Pisces’ hopeless romanticism mixed with fear of getting hurt when it comes
to love. Masters in visualization, look at all possible outcomes and guide their trust where it feels best.
And though it is often hard for Pisces to easily fall for someone, once they realize they’ve fallen in love,
their feelings for their significant other become complex and deep, much like a labyrinth.

I am currently a senior at Bentley University majoring in Marketing. When I'm not busy with that, I like listening to music, traveling, drawing, playing video games, cooking, and reading! I'm also your friendly neighborhood Nicaraguan.