What to Make with All of Those Apples You Picked

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

‘Tis the season… To go Apple Picking!!!

Jenna Amato

Ever wonder what to do with all those extra pounds and pounds of delicious apples? Obviously at this point you’ve already made the standard apple pie, apple crisp, taken one for lunch, and grabbed one for a midday snack, but now what?

Check out these creative, unique recipes and projects!

1. Apple Candles!

Look at this pin on how to make apples into candles!  Such a festive idea that would look great as a decoration!

Wondering How-To ?

Basically all you need to do is trace the tea light with a pen, cut the traced line you just drew on the apple with a knife, cut this circle into sections, scoop out the pieces so the tee light will fit, squeeze lemon juice on the apple to prevent it from turning brown and viola! Cute, classy, festive Candle Apples!

1. Apple Cinnamon Cheesecake!

For all of you fellow cheesecake lovers- this one is for you! This Apple Cinnamon Cheesecake Recipe looks phenom! It includes every fall taste you crave this time of year: Apple, Cinnamon, AND Pumpkin!!!

[pagebreak]

1. Candy Apples! Who doesn’t love a nice candy apple coated in milk chocolate, dark chocolate, white chocolate, caramel sprinkled with nuts, or… Sprinkles! Better yet try to show some school spirit… white chocolate with yellow and blue sprinkles… or Blue and black..?

1. Make Apple Chips! It’s fairly simple, I promise! All you need to do is thinly slice the apple into even shapes (this is SO easy if you have an apple corer and divider), lay the pieces between a kitchen towel to absorb the moisture, place on a tray into the micro, microwave them on de-frost (or 30% power) and cook for ten minutes, leave in a plastic container open overnight and the next day seal the container to store it until you’re ready to chow on this healthy new snack!

1. German Apple Pancakes! There’s no better way to start your day than with a warm pancake! Check out this recipe for further details; it’s not your average pancake, but it will taste just as good, maybe even better!

[pagebreak]

1. Dip in Cinnamon and Sugar! This is to die for! Mix a table spoon of white sugar and cinnamon and cut up your apple into the perfect dipping slices and enjoy!

1. Apple Muffins So who doesn’t love a fresh, warm muffin in the morning?? This recipe will have you begging for more. Try making mini muffins and share with friends on a study date!

1.  Bake them! This idea is sooo easy there’s no excuse not to try it! Heat up that oven to 350 degrees, In a saucepan combine 1 cup brown sugar, 1 cup water, 2 tablespoons of butter, a little nutmeg and cinnamon and stir for about five minutes. Meanwhile, peel the top of 4 Cortlands or whatever baking apple you choose. Put the apples in a baking pan and fill them with raisins, nuts, whatever you want, and pour the heated syrup on top and bake them in the oven for 40 minutes! Finally you can enjoy your warm apples.
    [pagebreak]
  2. Get Artsy! Cut the apple in half, paint the edges with either red or green and the stem brown with acrylic paint, and stamp it onto a piece of paper. Put it on the back of a magnet and you can throw it on your fridge to add some fun fall deco to your dorm!

1.  Make Homemade Apple Sauce! Here’s what you need to do: heat up the apples to make the soft, put the apples into a pot, add a tablespoon of maple syrup and a tablespoon of brown sugar, heat it up (or enjoy cold) & dig in!

Whatever you decide to do with your apples… ENJOY!!!

Bentley University