This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

We all know coming from a business school that supporting local small businesses is essential for our economy. However, with competition from large chain stores, money being tight, and convenience as huge factors, many individuals, especially students, opt for the cheaper alternative. From this trend, small businesses begin to suffer and their quality products go unused. With supermarkets expanding their bakery isles and mega stores providing large amounts of baked goods for less, small local artisans especially have been taking a hit. How do we change this downwards spiral? Entrepreneurial spirit with a twist. Timothy Wagner and Rebecca Wright of Newton, Massachusetts have made it their goal to bring local artisans back into the spotlight and compete against their chain store competition.

Being individuals who love challenge, Tim and Becky decided to create weBake.it, a website devoted to promoting quality baked goods from local artisans and allow easy online purchasing for consumers. Their hope is to enrich their customers’ online experience, allowing them to learn more about the local artisans and the ingredients used in their products. When discussing the concept of weBake.it, Tim explains, “We have lost the connection between consumers and the local business owners, weBake.it is attempting to bring that relationship back.”

WeBake.it is preparing to launch in time for Easter around March 18th. Customers interested in their website and the baked goods that will be offered can sign up for the weBake.it newsletter by visiting www.webake.it. In the mean time, Tim and Becky encourage everyone to follow weBake.it on their blog, Twitter and Facebook for updates.

Blog: http://blog.webake.it
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/webakeitbitoven
Twitter Handle: https://twitter.com/#!/weBakeit
Website: www.webake.it

Bentley University 2014 Public Policy and Business Studies Concentration Marketing
Kathryn Burgner is a member of the class of 2013 at Bentley University and is majoring in Information Design & Corporate Communications, with minors in Marketing and Gender Studies. Kathryn is so excited to be a part of the Her Campus team and be the founder of Her Campus Bentley! Kathryn loves going to school near Boston, but she also loves her hometown of Dalton, MA, where she grew up in the Berkshires on a turkey farm. Kathryn loves singing, acting, dancing ballet, baking, & playing volleyball, and is interested in gender issues, fashion, and health & fitness. She is a founding member of the Masters of Bentley Acappella (MBAs) and enjoys being involved with the Women's Center at Bentley, Alpha Psi Omega Honorary Theatre Society, and Resident Assistance at Bentley. Kathryn aspires to work as an editor, social media professional, or marketing design professional in Boston, MA after her experiences at Bentley! Kathryn would like to thank her family and friends for their love and support towards all of her experiences and dreams.