Valentine’s Day Gift Ideas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

This Valentine’s Day, it’s all about making the perfect gift for your Valentine!

It’s no secret that handmade gifts show how much thought and effort go into making the perfect gift, so don’t worry about trying to buy a gift and hoping your Valentine will like it because a heartfelt DIY gift is just what he or she will love!

Here are some great DIY gifts that are fun to make, can be given to him or her, and are guaranteed to please!

1. Now, of course at least one of these DIY’S has to be a sweet spin on something traditional! Get to your girlfriend or boyfriend’s sweet-tooth with these delicious Heart Shaped, Candy-Coated Cupcakes!

Follow these instructions to learn how!

[pagebreak]

2. Feeling a little craftier? Give these Felt Fortune Cookies a try! You can get super creative with any messages, mini- games, or treats you put inside!

Click here to learn how!

[pagebreak]

3. Treat your girl or guy to a picnic with this Valentine’s Day inspired picnic basket perfect for a romantic date and a great excuse to get out together for some one-on-one time!

Start making yours now!

[pagebreak]

4. Let your Valentine test their luck and choose their fate with their personalized Scratch-off Card! 

Find out how!

[pagebreak]

5.  Need a festive box to wrap any of your gifts in? (You can use these not only for gifts you made, but also for any gifts you bought!) Try your hand at an origami box (with or without the cutout). The cutout is great for showing off tasty treats or for giving a sneak peek of anything else you put inside!

Get to folding!

[pagebreak]

6. And finally, add Chocolate Covered Strawberries to any gift you give this Valentine’s Day; they’re a must have and will keep your wonderfully creative gifts traditional!

Make yours here!

What’s that? Nothing has caught your interest yet? Here are some more ideas you can further investigate:

• Try making a cute heart pillow (or pair of pillows!) for the bed our couch. Or, even easier, make a pillowcase out of an old favorite t-shirt of his/hers!
  • Make strings of paper hearts to decorate the house or room. Use all different shades of pink, red, and white, and all different size hearts! Layer them, cut shapes out of them, and decorate them with doilies, pompoms, glitter, and stickers. You can even write memos, quotes, and poems on them!
  • Create a fun coupon book! You can type them up and print them out, or write them by hand. Include treats like a trip to the movies, a home-cooked dinner, a night of stargazing, etc. It’s up to you!

Kathryn Burgner is a member of the class of 2013 at Bentley University and is majoring in Information Design & Corporate Communications, with minors in Marketing and Gender Studies. Kathryn is so excited to be a part of the Her Campus team and be the founder of Her Campus Bentley! Kathryn loves going to school near Boston, but she also loves her hometown of Dalton, MA, where she grew up in the Berkshires on a turkey farm. Kathryn loves singing, acting, dancing ballet, baking, & playing volleyball, and is interested in gender issues, fashion, and health & fitness. She is a founding member of the Masters of Bentley Acappella (MBAs) and enjoys being involved with the Women's Center at Bentley, Alpha Psi Omega Honorary Theatre Society, and Resident Assistance at Bentley. Kathryn aspires to work as an editor, social media professional, or marketing design professional in Boston, MA after her experiences at Bentley! Kathryn would like to thank her family and friends for their love and support towards all of her experiences and dreams.