Top Five Valentine’s Day Recipes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

Valentine’s Day is right around the corner and most people can agree that there always seems to be two sides to this holiday.  There are the girls who get obnoxiously excited for getting to dress up in pink, go on a romantic date and eat more chocolate than is humanly possible.  Then there are the girls who pledge to sit on their couch all day, wear depressing, dark colors and watch The Notebook with tissues in hand.  While both sides can have heavily convincing arguments as to why it is the best/worst holiday, I would like to make a point as to why this may be one of the best holidays ever, Food. Oh my god, so much food.  Whether you have a Valentine’s Day date or not, absolutely no one can argue the fact that this is when all the best delicious chocolatey desserts start to appear in the local bakeries and restaurants will have special dessert menus only for this occasion.  However, being college students, we do not always have the time, money or mainly domestic talent to prepare such amazing treats.  So I’ve found a few delicious Valentine’s Day recipes that not only call for basic ingredients, but are also fun and easy to prepare!

Creamy Peanut Butter Chocolate Dessert
This recipe is great! Not only does it have quick prep time of only twenty minutes, but it combines peanut butter and chocolate… Enough said.

Recipe for Creamy Peanut Butter Chocolate Dessert

Chocolate Pots de Crème
You can literally impress anyone just by mentioning the name of this dessert, even though it only has a prep time of ten minutes!  Pretty good for such a delicious looking treat!

Recipe for Chocolate Pots de Crème

Crunchy Chocolate Brownie Bars
These brownies have an amazing three layers of pure joy by mixing together brownie, Rice Crispy cereal and chocolate fudge.  A new spin on everyone’s favorite dessert!

Crunchy Chocolate Brownie Bars Recipe

Molten Lava Cakes
So, just a warning to anyone who may be attempting to create this dessert, it is definitely not for those who are health conscious.  Being created by Paula Deen means you should definitely watch how many of these you eat, even if they are delicious!

Recipe for Molten Lava Cakes

Conversation Heart Cookies
 These cookies may be the coolest Valentine’s Day recipe I have seen so far.  While they take a little more work than the rest of the recipes, by writing a candy heart-like message, you’d be giving a unique and personalized Valentine’s Day idea to your Valentine and friends!

Recipe for Conversation Heart Cookies

Are you planning on doing any creative cooking this Valentine’s Day? Leave a comment and let us know!

Bentley University Class of 2013. Marketing Major.
Kathryn Burgner is a member of the class of 2013 at Bentley University and is majoring in Information Design & Corporate Communications, with minors in Marketing and Gender Studies. Kathryn is so excited to be a part of the Her Campus team and be the founder of Her Campus Bentley! Kathryn loves going to school near Boston, but she also loves her hometown of Dalton, MA, where she grew up in the Berkshires on a turkey farm. Kathryn loves singing, acting, dancing ballet, baking, & playing volleyball, and is interested in gender issues, fashion, and health & fitness. She is a founding member of the Masters of Bentley Acappella (MBAs) and enjoys being involved with the Women's Center at Bentley, Alpha Psi Omega Honorary Theatre Society, and Resident Assistance at Bentley. Kathryn aspires to work as an editor, social media professional, or marketing design professional in Boston, MA after her experiences at Bentley! Kathryn would like to thank her family and friends for their love and support towards all of her experiences and dreams.