Style > Beauty

The Sun Bum Products You Didn’t Know You Needed Until Now

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

“If you haven’t heard of or used sun bum products, stop what you are doing immediately and order some!  

At our last Her Campus meeting, our E board told us we would have the opportunity to sample and review sun bum products. My jaw dropped. Sunbum, in my completely unbiased opinion, is one of the best brands for self-care that exists. As a person who grew up in the Caribbean, Sun Bum isn’t just a product, but an essential part of life that I can’t wait to bring to Bentley.  

Sun Bum sells a variety of environmentally conscious products centered around self-care and sun-care.  

Here are the most important reasons that you NEED these products… 

1. THAT SMELL 

Sun Bum products have this tropical, banana, fruity kind of smell that can just immediately change your mood and how you are feeling. Going to school in a place like Boston, especially when the weather is getting colder, can get a bit tiring, but I find that the closest thing to feeling that tropical warmth is using sun bum products, because you smell beachy in the best way.  

1. IT ACTUALLY WORKS  

The products that we sampled, like the shampoos, conditioners, face masks, and other sun bum products that I have used in the past ACTUALLY WORK. This isn’t just any other shampoo you buy at the grocery store; it really helps with keeping your hair strong and healthy. 

1. PRODUCTS YOU CAN FEEL GOOD ABOUT  

Sun bum pride themselves on being vegan, gluten free and cruelty free. They are also reef complaint, which isn’t so important in Boston, but for example where I am from, in Bermuda, it is essential that the products we use protect the reefs due to the excess amount of chemicals from regular brand sunscreens that are wearing away at the reefs. So, you know when you buy from Sun Bum you are choosing not only yourself, but the environment and animals that aren’t treated as well by other brands.  

PS.  

One product that I personally recommend that wasn’t in the samples is the hair lightener spray, you use it right before being exposed to the sun and it protects from frizz while making your hair blonder! WAY cheaper than paying for highlights and gives a natural, blonder look!  

Basically, trust the bum.”

– Taylor White