This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

Cute and flirty scarves in a wide array of colors and patterns are everywhere this fall.  When picking your perfect fall scarf, there are a few things to keep in mind:

• Fabric: Do you want light cotton for a warm Indian summer evening or wool for a chillier affair?
  • Color: Which colors bring out your skin tone? It can be a real struggle to pair traditional fall colors with your outfit unless it is done correctly! Try pairing an orange or maroon scarf with a white top or a lighter tone to pop the color.
  • Pattern: When does busy become just too busy? Be careful when wearing those fun patterns! A great way to embrace patterned scarves is to pair it with your accessories. If your scarf has some yellow in it, wear a yellow belt or a yellow jewelry piece. You can even do the same with shoes!
  • Length: There are tons of great ways to wear your scarf, so use the length to your advantage. You could tie your scarf, wrap it around, or both.

HC Bentley has been on the lookout for stylish scarves this week- check out what we found!

Casey Flanigan, ’16, said this fall scarf is her favorite because the pattern is wide enough to show off the fun colors while not overwhelming the eye.

[pagebreak]

Megan, ’16, loves her infinity scarf. This light grey, wool, knit scarf is fluffy and warm without feeling too heavy.

[pagebreak]

Katie, ’16, said this ultramarine blue scarf is her favorite for both fall and winter; its versatile color, cool tassels, and extra soft silk-cotton blend are perfect with any outfit!

[pagebreak]

Kathryn, ’16, is in love with her mustard, orange, and gold paisley scarf because its colors are the epitome of fall and can match with almost anything.

Which fall scarf is your favorite? Comment below!

Bentley University