Stephanie’s Pinterest Picks of the Week: Thanksgiving Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

Happy Monday, collegiettes!  With only 10 days left until Thanksgiving (my favorite holiday!) I compiled my favorite Pins to share with you. This week you will find a cute football-friendly hairstyle, a delish cupcake recipe, new ideas for leftovers and some workout motivation. Happy Thanksgiving!

Heather from Banana Pudding blogged her tutorial for a “Hair Bow”– the perfect hairstyle for Thanksgiving Day. Whether you are watching the game or helping in the kitchen, this hairstyle will make sure you look adorable and put together, while keeping your locks out of your face. And don’t worry, collegiettes, you don’t need long hair to make this style work. I was able to do it with my shoulder-length hair!

[pagebreak]

My favorite part of Thanksgiving, besides being with friends and family, is the pumpkin pie. For pumpkin pie with a twist, check out The Krazy Coupon Lady’s recipe for Irresistible Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes– a dessert with a crust outside and custard inside. How they stay custardy on the inside is part of the holiday magic because these cupcakes have no extra steps. You just mix up the batter and bake! I love the idea of having each guest being able to have their own individual dessert.

Side note- I refuse to let my allergies prevent me from eating this holiday season. Each recipe I share can have a gluten-free twin, and I will show you how. For these cupcakes, you can substitute the flour for your favorite gluten-free flour. It’s as simple as that!

[pagebreak]

Sick of the traditional Thanksgiving leftover sandwiches? Head over to Whisks & Whimsy where you will find this innovative recipe for your turkey and cranberry sauce- Leftover Turnovers. These turnovers can be filled with whatever leftovers you have and would be great with a gravy dipping sauce!

For gluten-free turnovers, you can use any recipe for gluten-free puff pastry dough. Try this recipe from Nicole at Gluten Free on A Shoestring.

[pagebreak]

Still have more leftovers? Try making a Thanksgiving leftovers pizza! By making pizzas, anyone can customize their pie and you can make the best use of leftovers. This is also a perfect snack for watching the game in the afternoon or sharing stories with the family. Need some inspiration? Try this recipe for Turkey & Cranberry Sauce Pizza from yumsugar.

Gluten-free: Use any GF pizza dough or recipe you love! 

[pagebreak]

So after Thanksgiving dinner, dessert and leftovers, you may be feeling a bit sluggish. In order to keep up with the hustle and bustle that is finals and Christmas, Back on Pointe shared a list of the 100 Best Workout Songs. So whether you need motivation to hit the gym or get up early and wait in line for Black Friday deals, charge up your iPod and keep the tunes blasting!

I am a Bentley University senior majoring in Marketing with a LSM in Media, Arts and Society. I make gluten-free goodies all too frequently and my favorite place in the world is the top of a mountain with my skiis on. I have an addiction to chocolate, Alice in Wonderland and laughing with my roommates. 
Kathryn Burgner is a member of the class of 2013 at Bentley University and is majoring in Information Design & Corporate Communications, with minors in Marketing and Gender Studies. Kathryn is so excited to be a part of the Her Campus team and be the founder of Her Campus Bentley! Kathryn loves going to school near Boston, but she also loves her hometown of Dalton, MA, where she grew up in the Berkshires on a turkey farm. Kathryn loves singing, acting, dancing ballet, baking, & playing volleyball, and is interested in gender issues, fashion, and health & fitness. She is a founding member of the Masters of Bentley Acappella (MBAs) and enjoys being involved with the Women's Center at Bentley, Alpha Psi Omega Honorary Theatre Society, and Resident Assistance at Bentley. Kathryn aspires to work as an editor, social media professional, or marketing design professional in Boston, MA after her experiences at Bentley! Kathryn would like to thank her family and friends for their love and support towards all of her experiences and dreams.