Stephanie’s Pinterest Picks of the Week!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

Happy Monday, collegiettes! I hope you have a mini-vacation from classes today and have time to try out some of these Pinterest Picks. This week is all about changing up hairstyles, delicious (and easy!) treats and some tips to make your lives easier. Enjoy! 

First up this week are S’mores Truffles from Liesl’s Confection Dissection. These delectable treats are all chocolate, marshmallows and graham cracker crumbles. These truffles are a no-bake dessert that is a perfect pick me up or snack to share. I know my roommates and I will be making these soon!

[pagebreak]

Up next is the Best of Shoulder-Length Styles from The Small Things Blog. I’ve featured Kate and the small things blog on Pinterest Picks before for her DIY Shellac Manicure and now she is back with some great styling ideas. I’m waiting for my hair to grow out again and I have started to get restless. I contemplated cutting it again until I found this pin! Her tutorials are really easy to follow and are full of great tips and tricks! Which style is your favorite, collegiettes? Tell me in the comment section below!

[pagebreak]

I know after Nemo last week and the freezing temperatures of the weekend, I have been wishing for summer and to me, nothing says summer more than lemonade. My favorite is by far the Passion Tea Lemonade at Starbucks. Luckily, Funky Polkadot Giraffe shares a copy-cat recipe to make at home! Her instructions are easy and allow you to customize the drink so it’s perfect for you—I like mine with a splash of apple juice for sweetness! What do you think of this recipe?

[pagebreak]

Tired of having your makeup break when you’re traveling—I know I am! Miss Natty’s Beauty Diary shares tips for how to travel so your makeup stays intact and is ready to use when you arrive in paradise. The article, What to Bring with you on Vacation, also has a list of the best makeup to bring with you to for efficient packing as well as a beauty timeline for before your trip!

[pagebreak]

Have a friend with a birthday coming up? Will your singing voice make them cringe when they listen to their voicemail? The Meta Picture has a solution. This picture shares the numbers to hit on your phone’s keypad that will play happy birthday! I wasn’t a believer so I tried this out on my roommate without telling her what to expect when she answered the phone. It definitely worked because she began to laugh and looked at me like I was crazy because it wasn’t even her birthday. 

I am a Bentley University senior majoring in Marketing with a LSM in Media, Arts and Society. I make gluten-free goodies all too frequently and my favorite place in the world is the top of a mountain with my skiis on. I have an addiction to chocolate, Alice in Wonderland and laughing with my roommates. 
Kathryn Burgner is a member of the class of 2013 at Bentley University and is majoring in Information Design & Corporate Communications, with minors in Marketing and Gender Studies. Kathryn is so excited to be a part of the Her Campus team and be the founder of Her Campus Bentley! Kathryn loves going to school near Boston, but she also loves her hometown of Dalton, MA, where she grew up in the Berkshires on a turkey farm. Kathryn loves singing, acting, dancing ballet, baking, & playing volleyball, and is interested in gender issues, fashion, and health & fitness. She is a founding member of the Masters of Bentley Acappella (MBAs) and enjoys being involved with the Women's Center at Bentley, Alpha Psi Omega Honorary Theatre Society, and Resident Assistance at Bentley. Kathryn aspires to work as an editor, social media professional, or marketing design professional in Boston, MA after her experiences at Bentley! Kathryn would like to thank her family and friends for their love and support towards all of her experiences and dreams.