Stephanie’s Pinterest Picks of the Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

Happy Monday, collegiettes! I’m back with another weekly edition of my Pinterest Picks. As always, if you have a pin you love, please feel free to share it with me in the comment section below!

Lately I have been obsessed with makeup and makeup tutorials. I know it is going to take some time to master the perfect winged-liner and applying falsies without gluing my eyelids together, but I’m trying. This article from Styl’N is really helpful when deciding between the essentials, the add-ons and the best brush kit for travel. I’m thinking I need to buy myself a birthday present and new makeup and brushes would be perfect. Hey, December isn’t that far away, right?

[pagebreak]
So as I’m sure you have gathered already, I am a Disney Princess fan. I think it’s mainly because I am a Disney Princess at heart and I would love to work in the parks as Snow White. So needless to say I was ecstatic when Visual News brought the Disney Princesses to life in a new way—on our favorite magazine covers. Magazines from Vogue to Elle to Cosmopolitan are featured. Check out Ariel staring on the cover of Seventeen with the article “Everything’s Hotter Under the Water: Sebastian Tells All”.

[pagebreak]
BuzzFeed is quickly becoming one of my new favorite websites. I keep finding more and more great articles. This week’s BuzzFeed find is “31 Insanely Easy and Clever DIY Projects”. There are links to the original sources below each picture. I actually did #2- Turn a T-Shirt into a Work Out Tank and it came out great! I was really sad when my favorite long-sleeve ripped so instead of throwing it away, I used this guide and turned it into a great new tank. I also really like #8- Make a Travel Flat Iron Holder Out of a Pot Holder. I have a Vera Bradley cover for my flat iron but I really need one for my curling iron too. I think these would make great birthday/Christmas presents for friends! And let’s not forget #15- Glitterize Anything with Mod Podge and Glitter. Now this could get me into trouble.

[pagebreak]
Mighty Girl’s
Might Life List shares with us “20 Things I Wish I’d Known at 20”. These 20 things can be carried from our 20s to our 30s and beyond. I really like #6- Don’t Obsess. Worrying is complaint’s ugly cousin. The list combines truths, humor, and down to earth advice about how to deal with our stressful college lives, our enemies and even our body image.

[pagebreak]
This next Pin is absolutely delicious. Whipper Berry has complied list of “61 Autumn Pumpkin and Apple Recipes.” The recipes are categorized: Breakfast, Breads, Drinks, Savory dishes, Cakes, Bars & Candy, Cookies, Pies & Tarts, and Pudding & Trifles. I know that I will be making Pumpkin Milkshakes very, very soon.

[pagebreak]
And for the weekly dose of Pinterest Picks humor—Ryan Gosling meme extraordinaire. The genius minds at QuickMeme have taken a great pickup line and combined it with the man who won all our hearts as Noah. Enjoy the eye candy, collegiettes!

I am a Bentley University senior majoring in Marketing with a LSM in Media, Arts and Society. I make gluten-free goodies all too frequently and my favorite place in the world is the top of a mountain with my skiis on. I have an addiction to chocolate, Alice in Wonderland and laughing with my roommates.