Stephanie’s Pinterest Picks of the Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

Hi readers! Welcome to the second week of my Pinterest picks! This week is all about decorations, makeup and getting healthy (plus a video combining Mean Girls and Princesses).

These lanterns come from The Knot Wedding Shop. Although usually used for wedding decorations, this website has lots of great decorations—and they’re inexpensive—perfect for our dorm rooms! These lanterns come in either small ($1.95) or large ($2.50) and there are 19 colors to choose from so you can mix and match to work with your room.

[pagebreak]

My getting healthy tips for this week come from Back on Pointe, a health blog written by a 22 year old college student. Her blog is full of inspirational quotes, advice, and great workouts (the ab workout actually looks fun!) I was really interested in this College Snacking 101 chart that she featured on her blog. I am always looking for new snacks and this chart is perfect for new ideas! It is originally from Pieces In Progress, a blog about getting fit and healthy that is filled with great health tips for college students.

[pagebreak]
Buzzfeed brings us another great article this week: 52 Totally Feasible Ways to Organize Your Entire Home. This article has organizational tips for kitchens, closets, bathroom and odds and ends around your living space. My three favorite tips were #3, #28 and #34. Tip #3 is using a plastic magazine holder to store your rolls of cling wrap and aluminum foil. We have limited storage space in our apartment and every time I open the cabinet a roll of foil falls out and lands on my foot. I am definitely getting a holder to keep them securely organized.

Tip #28 is to use empty bottles to store bracelets and ponytail holders (pictured below). Let me know which tip is your favorite by leaving a comment below! #34 shows us how to use a shoe organizer to store cleaning products—after I told my roommate about this, she decided that we absolutely need to do it for our closet!

[pagebreak]
This list of the 10 Best Drugstore Cosmetics is a must read! Lu Lu’s a la Mode Fashion Blog gives the rundown on 10 kick-butt beauty items that you can find at the drugstore that hold their own against the pricier department store brands. This post lists everything you need for a complete look—all for less than $100. I can’t wait to try the gel eyeliner!

[pagebreak]
Now, as I promised, Mean Girl Princesses. Just when I thought the Disney Princesses couldn’t get any better, they have. This video is a combination of all our favorite Princesses playing the characters from Mean Girls: Ariel as Cady, Aurora as Regina, Cinderella as Karen and Belle as Gretchen. This animation brings Mean Girls to life in a whole new way and makes me wish the entire movie was with the Disney girls!

I am a Bentley University senior majoring in Marketing with a LSM in Media, Arts and Society. I make gluten-free goodies all too frequently and my favorite place in the world is the top of a mountain with my skiis on. I have an addiction to chocolate, Alice in Wonderland and laughing with my roommates.