This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

Spring break is an exciting time of the year for students to unwind and relax after months of studying and hard work. While many people may use this time to travel to exotic destinations, some may not have the luxury of going on vacation. But fear not, there are plenty of fun things to do over spring break without having to leave town. Here are some ideas:

1. Explore Your Local Area: Have you ever really explored your local area? Spring break is a perfect time to do just that. Look up local attractions, museums, hiking trails, and parks that you may have overlooked in the past. You might be surprised at how much you can discover in your own backyard.
  2. Host a Movie Marathon: Grab some friends and have a movie marathon. Choose a theme such as comedy, romance, or action movies and spend the day or weekend watching your favorites. I highly recommend watching the movie Spring Breakers– very fitting, I know.
  3. Have a DIY Day: Spring break is the perfect time to tackle some DIY projects that you may have been putting off. Clean your room, reorganize your closet, or start a garden. You’ll feel accomplished and productive by the end of the break.
  4. Volunteer: Use your spring break to give back to your community by volunteering. Contact local organizations and find out what opportunities are available. You could volunteer at a food bank, animal shelter, or community garden. Not only will you be helping others, but you’ll also feel good about making a difference.
  5. Plan a Day Trip: Even if you can’t go on a full-blown vacation, plan a day trip to a nearby city or attraction. This can be a great way to explore something new without the cost of a long trip. Plus, you’ll still get to enjoy a change of scenery.
  6. Host a Game Night: Invite some friends over for a game night. Pull out some board games, card games, or video games and spend the night competing against each other. You could even make it a potluck and have everyone bring their favorite snack.
  7. Learn Something New: Take advantage of your free time and learn something new. Sign up for a cooking class, try a new sport, or take up a new hobby such as knitting or painting.

There are plenty of fun things to do over spring break if you’re not going on vacation. Whether you choose to explore your local area, host a movie marathon, volunteer, plan a day trip, or learn something new, make sure to take advantage of this time off to relax and recharge before getting back to the daily grind.

Jane Massett

Bentley '25

Hi! My name is Jane Massett and I'm from Westchester New York. I am a sophomore at Bentley University and I plan to major in Media and Culture.