This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

Did you get your free Starbucks reusable cup last Thursday? If you did, consider yourself one of the lucky few! On November 6, Starbucks gave customers a reusable cup to anyone who ordered a drink featured on their holiday menu. 

Each year, Starbucks presents a newly designed reusable cup that always seems to make headlines. This year, the cup was red with a white lid and the words “Merry Coffee” written across it. 

Holiday Drinks You Can Order this Season:

• Caramel Brulée Latte 
  • Chestnut Praline Latte
  • Eggnog Latte
  • Hot Chocolate
  • Peppermint Hot Chocolate
  • Peppermint Mocha
  • Pumpkin Spice Latte
  • Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate
  • Salted Caramel Mocha (I ordered this one and it was so good!)
  • Toasted White Chocolate Mocha

While the promotion was while supplies last – some locations had the reusable cups available throughout the majority of the day to early afternoon. Last year, the cups were sold out within hours of opening.

I was probably one of the few who actually woke up at the time Starbucks opens (5 a.m.) in Waltham and try to get one early before they were all gone! Starbucks is definitely trying to do their part this holiday season to encourage people to reuse their cups for coffee drinks. For every holiday drink purchased at a Starbucks location after 2 pm, they will receive 50 cents off a grande sized drink throughout the months of November and December. The promotion ends on January 6th. 

If you missed the chance to grab your free cup, you can always buy your own reusable cup in a Starbucks store and start doing your part to reduce the amount of plastic waste we use every day.

Images: 1/2

Allison Weed

Bentley '20

Allison Weed is a senior at Bentley University. She is majoring in Marketing with minors in Information Design and Corporate Communication, and International Affairs. She is the President and Campus Correspondent of the Bentley University Her Campus Chapter.