Sorority Recruitment is here!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

Bentley’s Panhellenic Council
 (governing body of the sororities) and the individual sororities have been enthusiastically preparing for formal recruitment. Each sorority sister is very excited to meet the talented and motivated girls who are interested in joining a sorority. Last year, there were approximately 100 girls who signed up and everyone is hoping for an equally great turnout this year!

The process of formal recruitment is meant to be a relaxed process for you get to know the sisters in order to see which sorority is a great fit for you! The sisters are just as nervous to meet you as you are to meet them. During formal, you will be assigned to a recruitment group – each group has a Recruitment Counselor (Rho Chi) who is an unbiased member of the Greek system and is available to help you make the right decision. The Rho Chis are girls who are on the Panhellenic Council and/or other members of Greek life and have “disaffiliated” for formal recruitment in order to help counsel and guide you.

Formal recruitment consists of three days of getting to know the sororities. On the first day, you are required to attend a gathering with each sorority (this will occur in the student center). On that day, you will rank the sororities in the order of the sorority you like the most, to the least. The next day, you will attend more gatherings with the sororities you have been matched up with (this will be in LaCava). On the third day, otherwise known as “preference,” you will get together with the one or two sororities you have been matched with.

Before formal recruitment, there are events to meet the Panhellenic Council and the sororities. Feel free to attend any/all of these events!

Friday 1/27: Activities Fair in the Student Center from 4-6pm. Stop by the Panhellenic Council to ask the Rho Chis any questions!
Wednesday 2/1: Ice Cream Social in the Pub from 8-10pm. Opportunity to chat with sorority sisters and the Panhellenic Council.
Thursday 2/9: Formal Recruitment Orientation at 9pm. Meet your recruitment group and learn more about the process!
Friday 2/10, Saturday 2/11 & Sunday 2/12: FORMAL RECRUITMENT WEEKEND!

If you are interested in joining a sorority, come to these events! If you are ready to sign up for Formal Recruitment, please click here!

If you have questions about Formal Recruitment, contact Elena Skaletsky (President) and Kelsy Lavoine (Vice President of Recruitment) or check out Panhellenic Council’s Facebook page.

Kathryn Burgner is a member of the class of 2013 at Bentley University and is majoring in Information Design & Corporate Communications, with minors in Marketing and Gender Studies. Kathryn is so excited to be a part of the Her Campus team and be the founder of Her Campus Bentley! Kathryn loves going to school near Boston, but she also loves her hometown of Dalton, MA, where she grew up in the Berkshires on a turkey farm. Kathryn loves singing, acting, dancing ballet, baking, & playing volleyball, and is interested in gender issues, fashion, and health & fitness. She is a founding member of the Masters of Bentley Acappella (MBAs) and enjoys being involved with the Women's Center at Bentley, Alpha Psi Omega Honorary Theatre Society, and Resident Assistance at Bentley. Kathryn aspires to work as an editor, social media professional, or marketing design professional in Boston, MA after her experiences at Bentley! Kathryn would like to thank her family and friends for their love and support towards all of her experiences and dreams.