Short Girl Problems

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

I was not blessed in the height department. At a solid 5 feet 4 inches, I was never one to tower over my friends. I had always considered myself of average height until coming to college, where suddenly I was surrounded by giants. Little do these giants know that there are many difficulties that short girls face, like . . .

When you’re walking as fast as you can but your short strides are no match for the giants that surround you

When you need something on the top shelf but you have trouble reaching it

When you have to automatically reach for the “short” jeans on the shelf

[pagebreak]

. . . or the worse feeling of being stuck between the “short” and “regular” sizes

When your shoulders are being used as arm rests by your giant friends

When you develop severe neck pain from craning your neck to look at your giant friend in their eyes

When you get mistaken for being a teenager

[pagebreak]

But ladies, not everything about being short is so bad. Some of the benefits include . . .

The possibility of being able to wear children’s shoes/clothing (which are so much less expensive than giant’s clothing)

Dresses that maybe short on giants will not be short on you

Making your way through a crowd is easy

No ducking through doorways

Wearing heels is always an option because your date is usually taller than you

No matter what height you are, enjoy it ladies! Love yourself!

Inspiration from: www.gurl.com

Photo Credits: http://www.rottenecards.com/ecards/Rottenecards_2472245_tw2h3tvy6j.png

Bentley Class of 2016Follow me on Twitter and Instagram @Hodgkins12
Olivia is a senior at Bentley University studying Information Design and Corporate Communication. On campus, she is an Admission Fellow and Peer Facilitator for Bentley’s First Year Seminar program, as well as Co-Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Bentley. In her spare time, Olivia enjoys reading, writing, spending time with family and friends, traveling, and going to Disney World (she’s obsessed).