The Scoop About Our Bentley Fashion Consultants

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

On Wednesday afternoon I sat down to a wonderful Seasons meal compliments of Christiana Pulice (thanks for the swipe!) to talk about the Bentley Fashion Consultants! Christiana is the Public Relations Chair and was able to give me some great insights into what the club is all about, some of their upcoming events, and their great social media outlets! In her own words she informed me that the mission of the BFC is to be a resource for girls at Bentley to help them dress fashionably in the business world. The BFC also organizes events to help girls interested in fashion find a job in the industry! (More on that later). Here are some of the points Christiana and I spoke about; I had a lot of fun learning about this club and I hope you guys will, too!

Membership Structure: BFC is organized into 3 committees: PR, Events, and Blog/Editorial.
1.    PR:In the public relations committee, club members learn how to use the PhotoShop application (my personal favorite program!), are responsible for creating flyers for each event that the BFC holds, and updates all of their social media sites. They have just recently launched their twitter, (@bentleyfashion) and tumblr (www.bentleyfashionblog.tumblr.com) sites, which the PR committee is responsible for keeping current!
2.    Events:The events committee, as it would seem, plans and executes all events put on by the BFC. These include their annual Fashion Shows, Career Panels, and more.
3.    Blog/Editorial:This committee writes posts for the tumblr blog, and consists of members who help brainstorm ideas for the blog.
To me this committee sounds like an awesome opportunity for anyone interested in getting their favorite fashion moments and opinions out there, and if that interests any of you readers, you’re in luck because the BFC is looking for more people (girls and guys) to share their ideas for their blog! If you want to learn more or join the BFC, email their GA Account GA_Bentley_Fashion_Consultants@bentley.edu!

Here is a photo of some of the members at the Fall Fashion Show!

Events: The BFC hold 2 major annual events: the Fall Fashion Show and the Spring Fashion Career Panel!

The fashion show features local designers both in and out of college who wish to showcase their clothing lines at events like these. This show is very much student run and oriented, as the models, photographers, announcers, and DJ’s are all Bentley students! The BFC holds auditions for model tryouts in the fall, and many of their own members take part in the runway walking. I went to the Fashion Show this past fall and was able to help out as a photographer, which was so cool! I recognized many of the models from class and around campus and loved seeing them able to be a part of such a great show! Christiana also told me how much the Bentley Fashion Consultants learn from putting on the show. It teaches them not only the backstage/fashion side of it, but also the business and budgeting side of the running a fashion show.

Here is one of my photos of the runway!

The Career Panel, Christiana’s favorite, takes place in the spring and is held in LaCava. At this event people from all areas of the fashion world come to speak and stay for a Q&A and networking period! In the past, speakers have come from J.Jill, TJX, Bloomingdales, and established Boston fashion bloggers, New York designers, and boutique owners have come as well! One of the BFC’s previous presidents, Chantal Richa, will be there this spring to talk about how to be fashionable in the business world from her own experience! Also this spring there will be an emphasis on networking, with refreshments and an opportunity to mingle with the speakers!

Another event they have planned is a cookout and tie-dye party to be held on the greenspace! Attendees must trade a used article of clothing for a BFC shirt to tie-dye, all of which the BFC will donate to charity! It sounds like it’s going to be a blast for a great cause.

Blog
            As I mentioned earlier, the BFC has a tumblr blog where they post “campus style” photos, what’s going on in the fashion world (Grammy’s, Fashion Week, etc) and “lookbooks we love” which consists of a shortened summary of various lookbooks (look for Rachel Zoe’s lookbook on their tumblr Friday!). Their posts stream to their facebook page, too, so if you aren’t into the tumblr thing you can still check it out on their facebook! Christiana is also promoting the BFC’s through their tumblr with a cute and fun new idea! Twitter members can tweet pictures of themselves or their friends to @BentleyFashion,  and the BFC’s will retweet you on their page! Such a great way to get recognized for your style at Bentley! Similarly, if the BFC sees someone wearing a cute outfit around campus, they may just stop you and ask you to do a photoshoot with them for their blog! So cool, right?

So be sure to check them out on twitter, facebook, and tumblr, and stay posted about their events! You can email GA_Bentley_Fashion_Consultants@Bentley.edu with any questions you have for them!

Kathryn Burgner is a member of the class of 2013 at Bentley University and is majoring in Information Design & Corporate Communications, with minors in Marketing and Gender Studies. Kathryn is so excited to be a part of the Her Campus team and be the founder of Her Campus Bentley! Kathryn loves going to school near Boston, but she also loves her hometown of Dalton, MA, where she grew up in the Berkshires on a turkey farm. Kathryn loves singing, acting, dancing ballet, baking, & playing volleyball, and is interested in gender issues, fashion, and health & fitness. She is a founding member of the Masters of Bentley Acappella (MBAs) and enjoys being involved with the Women's Center at Bentley, Alpha Psi Omega Honorary Theatre Society, and Resident Assistance at Bentley. Kathryn aspires to work as an editor, social media professional, or marketing design professional in Boston, MA after her experiences at Bentley! Kathryn would like to thank her family and friends for their love and support towards all of her experiences and dreams.