Scarves on Scarves on Scarves!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

A scarf can be a great accessory for any outfit whether you are dressing up or dressing down. I must confess I own about 30 scarves. I see it as an inexpensive and easy way to bring an outfit together. They are cute and functional for a variety of occasions; class, work, school events, and more.

Scarves are trending more than ever now. Check out my go-to site for ways to tie a scarf! Sometimes it can be really hard to find your sense of style and try and match fashion trends. I do not consider myself high fashion at all, but sometimes I like to try and put together a cute outfit after seeing what others are wearing and what is popular. The scarf is my accessory of choice.

No matter what your style is, the scarf can be used in so many unique ways and comes in any pattern you can think of to support your own individual style.

Infinity Scarves

These scarves are great for both casual wear and big soft infinity scarves are the best way to stay warm. There is no end to them and they lay great. They actually come in different sizes, too. The scarf can be worn even with a button down shirt on a cooler day. Some are longer single loops that reach to your waist or others are double loops and fall at your chest. I love to shop for scarves at American Eagle Outfitters. They always have a great variety with every collection. Click here to browse their 2012 Fall Collection of scarves.

This is great for any day and can dress up a simple outfit.  I personally like wearing a basic white tee with skinny jeans and a fun patterned scarf, but solid colors of course work too and you can add a scarf to any shirt! Another great way to incorporate the loose wrap scarves is to add a scarf to that big comfy, one size too big, sweater you wear on your lazy days. I am guilty of it myself. Instead of reaching for the long necklace change things up with a fun scarf in the loose wrap style shown below. Show off your personality with great patterns and bright colors.

[pagebreak]

The Muffler

Whenever I head into work and want to dress up an outfit I like to wear a blazer and a scarf in the muffler style in the picture below. You hold the scarf and lay the middle against your chest and bring the two ends around to hang in the front. Another great reason for scarves is that they “can turn a fancy evening shirt you love into something more casual for the day”- Victoria Newell. As you can see Kristen Cavallari is wearing her scarf in the muffle style.

[pagebreak]

Scarves and Jackets for Fall

Need a cute fall outfit to wear to your college homecoming game or apple picking?! You can always count on a vest, jacket, or flannel and a scarf with leggings or jeans and a great pair of fall boots. I love to add a scarf to my jean jacket or leather jacket. I usually stick with the loose knot look, but you could rock any style. The scarf was a summer trend, but now bringing in some darker tones can make it totally work for fall. Floral scarves made the Seventeen Magazine’s Top 10 Cute Accessories of Fall list.

Bentley University