Power Team: Jewelry + Recycling = Alex and Ani Bracelets

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

Have you heard about the Alex and Ani collection?! These bracelets are making a breakthrough in the jewelry and accessory world.

The Collection

The eco-friendly bangles, including charms, beaded, and plain bangles, are individually handcrafted from recycled materials. The idea behind the bracelets is to allow for the wearer to express their personality in an “organic and spiritual way”, according to the Alex and Ani mission.

Charms range from animals to zodiac signs, including both words and symbols. Recently they have introduced a collegiate line with charms that have your college’s name on them. Each charm has different meanings behind them.

For example, I have the Eye of Horus charm bracelet and it stands for protection, light, and reason. It was a gift from my mother when I returned to school for my senior year.

My collection includes white-beaded bracelets for everyday wear, in order to match any outfit. I feel as though I am making a statement. My bracelets include an “E”, an anchor, and a peace sign.

The bracelets I wear also intrigue those who are unaware of the brand. I mix their two tones because Alex and Ani crafts each bracelet in both a silver and gold tone. Some only wear a few bangles, while others wear up to 20 at a time. You can mix and match charms and even incorporate a variety of colors with the beaded bracelets. Why not show off your personality, unique style, and your values right there on your wrist? You can also own Alex and Ani necklaces and earrings, check them out here.

[pagebreak]

The Experience: Promotion & Stores

The company, Alex and Ani LLC, has done an amazing job promoting their collection of bracelets as a means of beauty and unity among us. How about a short history lesson? All of the jewelry is made in Cranston, RI. Their first store opened in Newport, RI and was instantly a hit! Now Alex and Ani have opened over 15 stores nationwide.

From my personal experience, the stores are friendly and welcoming; you are free to try on bracelets and have a great time shopping. Not only do the, environmental awareness and great customer service cause Alex and Ani to stand out, but also their extra efforts in fundraising, events, parties, fashion, and giveaways!

They’re committed to working with other organizations and business to create designs that bond people to their favorite companies. Did you know Alex and Ani has this amazing program call Charity by Design? Alex and Ani work with foundations to create a unique charm that represents the charity. By buying that bracelet you are not only donating to the cause with Alex and Ani’s guarantee to give 20% of profits, but you wear that charity on your wrist at all times to show your support.

In addition to creating bracelets to raise money, they also collaborate to create licensed products. Some examples are MLB team charms, Disney charms, and USA Olympic charms.

Keep yourself up to date with Alex and Ani events and news on the website! Along with being able to shop online and read up on blogs, Alex and Ani also features a bangle every month that is on sale! This month is the Grapes bangle standing for wisdom, hospitality, and good fortune. Check it out and receive $5 off here.

Sources:
http://www.alexandani.com/about-mission 
http://www2.turnto10.com/business/2010/oct/13/5/sne-spotlight-alex-and-a…