Patricia Guiao ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

Last year, I lived on the Women’s Leadership Floor, a specialty housing program that Bentley offers to house a group of women interested in learning more about leadership and the growing role of women in the business world. As a part of this program, I was given a mentor, or another member of the Bentley community with experience and insight to share with me and guide me in my everyday life. My mentor, Patricia Guiao, was so instrumental in helping me adjust to Bentley and get my career here started on the right foot that she is this week’s Campus Celeb. Read on to learn more about Tricia and all of the cool things she has done on campus as only a junior!

Her Campus Bentley: What year will you graduate from Bentley?

Patricia Guiao: 2015

HCB: What are you majoring in?

PG: Finance and Earth, Environment & Global Sustainability

HCB: What are your interests?

PG: Music, sustainability, painting, exploring new cities, playing the ukulele

HCB: What activities are you involved with at Bentley?

PG: Catholic Campus Connection, Bentley Green Society, RHA Eco Reps

HCB: What has been your favorite Bentley experience?

PG: One of my favorite experiences was taking directed study course about business development in Spain and the Netherlands. I had the opportunity to travel to Europe with a group of students, led by Professor Nader Asgary. We visited both local and international organizations, and I got an in-depth look at corporate social responsibility. Seeing how things are done differently in other countries was an eye-opening experience!

HCB: Where do you currently work? Have you had any awesome jobs while at Bentley?

PG: I’m currently a service-learning project manager for the Edinburg Center, and I love seeing the clients each week! This past summer, I worked at CarryON, LLC, a subsidiary of St. Francis House in Boston. I was there as a Bentley Ferrera Fellow, and it was an unforgettable summer. CarryON employs the guests of the homeless shelter to up-cycle coffee bags into grocery totes and housewares. The people at St. Francis House were truly genuine, and they taught me so much about both homelessness and entrepreneurship.

HCB: Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

PG: I would love to find myself in a career in social entrepreneurship.

HCB: What advice do you have for Bentley underclassmen?

PG: Take the time to learn from those around you. Learning can happen outside of class, too. Our Bentley community has such a wide array of backgrounds, skills, and experiences, and if you don’t listen, you’re missing out! The people that I’ve met throughout my time at Bentley have made it much more memorable. Who knows? You might find someone with the same interests as you, or you might learn something completely different, like African dancing!

HCB: Tell us a fun fact about you!

PG: In August, I won a free ticket to the 2013 VMAs in Brooklyn, so I got to see *NSYNC reunite!

Olivia is a senior at Bentley University studying Information Design and Corporate Communication. On campus, she is an Admission Fellow and Peer Facilitator for Bentley’s First Year Seminar program, as well as Co-Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Bentley. In her spare time, Olivia enjoys reading, writing, spending time with family and friends, traveling, and going to Disney World (she’s obsessed).