As you probably know, the college go-to meal is pasta. Try this recipe if you want to spice up the classic pasta dish!
1 Box of bow-tie pasta
1 tsp salt
8 oz of frozen broccoli
1 tsp paprika
1 Tbsp black pepper
3 boneless chicken breast
1 ½ – 2 cups of heavy cream
4 Tbsp unsalted butter
2 tsp minced fresh garlic
1 ⅔ cup of parmesan cheese
1 cup of pasta water
1. Boil the water. Once the water is boiled it’s time to pour the pasta in!
We decided to use bow tie pasta but feel free to use your choice of pasta
2. Chop the chicken into bite sized pieces
3. Heat 2 Tbsp of butter in a large pan, then add the chicken, salt, pepper, and paprika
4. While the chicken is cooking, microwave the broccoli until tender. Feel free to use any vegetables that you think will taste delicious. You can also use fresh vegetables rather than frozen
5. When the chicken is cooked through transfer it to the bowl with the broccoli
6. In the same pan the chicken was cooked in, add the remaining 2 Tbsp of butter to the pan and then add the garlic
7. Whisk in the heavy cream and parmesan for about 5 minutes or until it is thickened
8. Then add the chicken and broccoli back into the pan and heat thoroughly
9. When the pasta is done cooking, reserve 1 cup of pasta water
10. Stir the pasta in the pan with the alfredo sauce, chicken, and vegetables. You can also add more paprika and/or pepper if needed.
11. If the sauce is too thick or thin add some pasta water and/or heavy cream
12. Plate and serve and don’t forget to season! We topped ours with pepper and parmesan.
The serving size for this recipe is 6. Leftovers are just as good the second day and act as a quick meal!
If you like this recipe, check out our last article here! Make sure you look out for our next article!