This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

Looking for a cutesy romance novel to escape to when you don’t feel like doing homework? I have a few recommendations!

Meet Cute BY Helena Hunting

This story has a perfect mix of girl boss and heartwarming, which we all need from time to time. When Kailyn was in law school she had classes with – and surprisingly even became friends with – Daxton, the famous lead actor in a TV show that she was obsessed with when she was a teenager. However, during an incident in law school he let her down and their friendship fizzled out after that. Eight years down the road, Daxton is in Kailyn’s office at the firm she works for because he needs her help with custody issues since he has now become the sole guardian of his thirteen-year-old sister after their parents passed away in a car accident. As Kailyn works with Dax and his sister their friendship reblooms and turns into possibly something more.

The Honey-Don’t List BY Christina Lauren

Carey has been working for Melissa and Rusty Tripp’s home remodeling company as their personal assistant for almost a decade. She has been working with them long before their company gained the couple their fame and their relationship took a turn for the worst. James was just hired by the Tripps for an engineering position, however his position is closer to Rusty’s personal assistant than anything else. When the Tripps start a tour to launch their new show and book, they take Carey and James in tow and they get pulled every which way, trying to satisfy demands and ensuing chaos.

Evvie Drake Starts Over by Linda Holmes

Evvie Drake, a young widow living in a small town in Maine, still feels the overwhelming effects of her husband’s death a year later. But when Evvie’s best friend Andy invites a Major League pitcher to stay in Evvie’s back apartment to hide from the media for a while to figure out why he can’t throw straight anymore, Evvie starts to get pulled out of her shell again. Evvie and the pitcher Dean deal with their pasts together and develop an unlikely friendship that eventually turns into something more. With all the small town drama stirred in, this one was very fun to read, with something new presenting itself on every page.

I Owe You One by Sophie Kinsella

Fixie spends most of her time working at her family’s housewares store and taking care of her siblings’ loose ends. When a stranger in a coffee shop, Seb, asks Fixie to watch his computer for a minute, she actually ends up saving it from a roof leak. He gratefully gives her a IOU and his business card as a gesture and she takes it with no real thought of using it. But when Fixie’s childhood crush, Ryan, returns to their town with no intentions of getting a job, she asks Seb to give him a job and a new round of IOUs begins. Now Fixie can’t decide between Ryan and her overwhelming family, and Seb and all the things she’s always wanted but felt like she could never have. Sophie Kinsella scores with her books every single time and this book is so much fun with every twist and turn.

Can You Keep A Secret? BY Sophie Kinsella

Emma has just as many small secrets as the next person; they aren’t hurting anyone – they’re really just for her to keep. Until she uncontrollably spills them all to a stranger on a plane during some particularly rough turbulence. The two strangers split ways with a “sorry for that” and Emma just believes she shared her secrets with someone she’ll never have to worry about seeing again. That is until she finds out he is the mysterious CEO of the energy drink company she works for. They struggle through the confusing reintroduction during his time at her office building and soon start to show just a little bit more interest in each other.

November 9 by Colleen Hoover

Colleen Hoover is the queen of romance novels, releasing usually two books a year. This was the first book I read by her and it’s still one of my favorites. Fallon and Ben unexpectedly meet and immediately hit it off on November 9th, the day before Fallon is supposed to move across the country. Ben uses Fallon as inspiration for his new novel and they decide to meet up every November 9th in Los Angeles to spend the day together. But one year when Fallon gets ahold of Ben’s manuscript she realizes that there is more to their story than he is letting on. This is an impactful, interesting story that makes you invested but still brings a lot of fun to the table.

Get A Life Chloe Brown by Talia Hibbert

Chloe is chronically ill and after her most recent stint in the hospital she writes herself a “Get a Life” list to force herself to stop putting the fun parts of her life on the backburner. When she starts having difficulty completing the list herself, she enlists the help of Redford, or ‘Red’, the young handyman in her new building. Once they get closer, Chloe starts to learn things about Red that she never would have known from just peering into his life, and Red starts to develop an infatuation for Chloe, unlike any he has had for anyone else. This is the first of three installments, one book dedicated to each Brown sister and their love story, and I highly anticipate reading the other two when I get the chance.

Which book is your favorite?

I'm a sophomore at Bentley University and I'm an accounting major. I'm from Reading, Massachusetts and in my free time I like to bake, read, and take my dog on walks.