Links We Love 11.22.13

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

Happy Friday, Collegiettes! I don’t know about you all, but I am counting down the seconds until the Thanksgiving Break. I can’t wait to spend time with my family, consume absurd amounts of decadent food, and do as little productive activity as possible. This semester has been so hectic; I think we all deserve some good old-fashioned R&R. Treat yourselves ladies; you’ve earned the break!

Needless to say, my internet time has been dedicated to all things Thanksgiving-related. This week, I have several links to share that will help you to fully prepare for the holiday season, including travel, beauty, and entertaining tips!

Happy Feasting! HCXO

Carry-On Essentials

Being a Floridian who attends college in the Northeast, I have done my fair share of flying over the past four years. From Thanksgiving to Christmas to Spring Break, Logan Airport’s JetBlue terminal has become my second home. However, despite my frequent flyer status, I still manage to forget things in my carry-on every time I travel. No matter how long I spend packing, I inevitably think to myself, “I wish I would have brought ___ with me” as soon as plane takes off. In an attempt to avoid the mid-air panic this time around, I did some internet sleuthing. Luckily, I stumbled upon this list of carry-on essentials from one of my all-time-favorite websites, Cupcakes and Cashmere. I’ve never thought about bringing hand sanitizer before, but I think it is a fantastic idea. Those tray tables seem to always have some kind of miscellaneous sticky “goo” on them. Gross.

[pagebreak]

Holiday Hosting Tips  

In case you haven’t figured this out yet from my previous comments, I’m holiday-obsessed. As I tell my friends every year, November through January is my time to shine. I love it all—the preparation, the decorating, the entertaining, the food and the traditions. So, I’m sure you can anticipate what my reaction was when my mom told me that we would be hosting my family’s Thanksgiving Dinner this year.  I immediately turned to my favorite blogs in order to find unique decorating and entertaining tips. Once again, my beloved Cupcakes and Cashmere didn’t disappoint. This article is packed with cute ideas. I especially love the DIY take-home containers. They save the hassle of finding Tupperware for your guest and ensure that you won’t be eating leftovers for the next ten years.

[pagebreak]

Holiday Make-Up

For most of us, Thanksgiving typically includes catching up with relatives that you haven’t seen in months, or maybe even years. If you are anything like me, you put a significant thought into what you are going to wear for the occasion. I always want to look my best in order to show everyone that I’m doing well. I know it sounds silly, but I guarantee you ladies have all done this at some point or another (high school reunions, anyone?). This year, I was in the market for a fun new make-up look that is festive, but not too over the top—let’s be honest, trying too hard is never a cute look. When I stumbled upon this step-by-step tutorial, I knew I’d found my perfect holiday make-up. It seems relatively simple, and can even be repeated for Christmas family gatherings!

Bentley University Class of 2014
Bentley University