This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

Just two Saturdays ago, I embarked on a journey that would change the rest of my life. The Harvard Lampoon was awarding my FAV, Jimmy Fallon, with their prestigious Elmer Award for Excellence in Humor, as well as honoring him as the “Emperor of Comedy.” So as my roommate and I raced to make the 4:00 shuttle, little did I know I was about to have the afternoon of a lifetime. Here is a detailed timeline of the emotional rollercoaster that I underwent.

4:30 pm. We arrived at Harvard Square. My heart racing, but I knew I had to put my game face on. Having no idea where I was going or where this parade was being held, I did what I do best…stand in place and look around. Luckily, we did happen to see an oddly large gathering of people, and being the overly optimistic gal I am, I assumed that the Jimmy parade must be the only reason these people were here. For once, I was right. I SPRINTED over.

4:45 pm. As my friend and I stood amongst the other Jimmy lovers, I was overcome with hunger pangs. I had the largest decision I have ever had to make right in front of me. My options were to possibly risk losing my spot or to walk into the café 10 feet behind me. Once again, being the optimist I am, I choose the latter. I walk into this random café, Clover, (which turns out to be heaven AND vegetarian) and bring my divine chickpea fritter and hibiscus tea back out to the street. I can sense it, JIMMY IS ABOUT TO ARRIVE.

5:00pm. There they are. I see them. The marching band rolling in hot, with Jimmy in a chariot behind them. This is what my life has been leading up to, this very moment. I start to yell and I know I need to be prepared to do whatever it takes to meet my idol. This is now the point where I lose all reference of time. We see Jimmy within twenty feet of us, I grab my bag and abandon the chickpea fritter and tea, and sprint after this golden chariot running through any one in my way.

30 seconds later…

My phone is on 1%. This is a do or die situation, and I need it more than ever. I get close and snap a video, but am blocked by a police officer yelling, “STAND BACK.” Then, I try to convince a Harvard student on a hoverboard at the caboose of the parade to let me jump on and come with them. Unsuccessful.          

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ud_NFYm-PLo&feature=youtu.be

A minute later…

I GOT A HELLO. I got an actual wave from THE JIMMY FALLON. But I knew there was still time, maybe he would invite us to hang out or be on the show. This adventure was NOT OVER YET. My roommate and I push through more, and the previous mentioned police officer yells, “HEY YOU ALREADY GOT ENOUGH PICTURES.” But when I have ever been one to take no for an answer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZxH_HoIIrE&feature=youtu.be

15 seconds post being yelled at….

THIS IS WHEN LIFE IS MADE. I was able to get close enough to have AN ACTUAL CONVERSATION WITH JIMMY FALLON. This was the closest I have ever been to falling unconscious due to over excitement. THE FEEEEEELS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylgRL-LEzpw&feature=youtu.be

I let Jimmy go and watch him as his charisma fills the podium and he accepts his award. Even though I didn’t get to hang with Jimmy for very long, this proves that DREAMS DO COME TRUE.  

Up next…trying to find the after party. 

Hi, my name is Molly! I'm currently the Co-President and a Campus Correspondent for Bentley University's HC chapter.