HC Bentley Through the Year

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

We’ve had a long and very successful first year of Her Campus being a part of Bentley University! There have been numerous events this past year that Her Campus Bentley has had, and here are just a few of the highlights.

To start off the year, the founders of HC Bentley held a table at the fall activities fair to help promote the site launch on September 13th, 2o11.

In the fall was also the party at the Estate for Her Campus’ 2nd Birthday which some of our members attended.

During Homecoming Weekend, we had a table set up at Falcon Fest with TONS of HC Bentley cupcakes!

We held a very successful info session during our process of becoming recognized on campus, and had so many students show up that were interested in our organization. This event was a key factor for us to get recognized on campus because of the high turnout we had!

Probably one of my favorite events this past year was the staff party we had at the end of the fall semester. It was a great time to hang out with everyone and appreciate each other for how much hard work we put in throughout the semester!

Another activities fair was held in January and it was the perfect opportunity for us to promote HC Bentley and recruit new members.

Our most recent event was the Boston Area Her Campus Tea Party that we put on here at Bentley. We got to meet Windsor, the founder of Her Campus as well as some other members of the Her Campus Boston branches. It was a great time to get everyone together and talk to Windsor about her ideas for the company and how she has come so far. It was unreal getting to meet and talk with her!

Kathryn Burgner is a member of the class of 2013 at Bentley University and is majoring in Information Design & Corporate Communications, with minors in Marketing and Gender Studies. Kathryn is so excited to be a part of the Her Campus team and be the founder of Her Campus Bentley! Kathryn loves going to school near Boston, but she also loves her hometown of Dalton, MA, where she grew up in the Berkshires on a turkey farm. Kathryn loves singing, acting, dancing ballet, baking, & playing volleyball, and is interested in gender issues, fashion, and health & fitness. She is a founding member of the Masters of Bentley Acappella (MBAs) and enjoys being involved with the Women's Center at Bentley, Alpha Psi Omega Honorary Theatre Society, and Resident Assistance at Bentley. Kathryn aspires to work as an editor, social media professional, or marketing design professional in Boston, MA after her experiences at Bentley! Kathryn would like to thank her family and friends for their love and support towards all of her experiences and dreams.