Foodie Friday: S’mores Snack Mix

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

Happy Friday, Collegiettes! We don’t know about you guys, but, in our opinion, these next few weeks just can’t pass by fast enough! It seems like the exams, projects and presentations are non-stop, and we would love nothing more than for summer to get here ASAP.

So, what comes to mind when you think of summer food (other than fresh fruit and anything grilled, of course)? S’mores! The combination of dripping chocolate, gooey marshmallow and crunchy graham cracker is the perfect way to end any summer night. But, what are two girls in the Northeast supposed to do get this delicious combo with summer so far away?

Get ready ladies, because this week we are taking you all on a mini summer vacation with S’mores Snack Mix. It incorporates all of the flavors we love, but is so much easier to make—not to mention it is fire-free! Let’s be honest, the last thing we need is another inconvenient late night fire alarm. This recipe is the perfect treat to grab for on-the-go snacking, and, it’s super easy to make in bulk to please a crowd.

Whether you are looking for a sweet treat to get you through a late night study session, or you need a simple dish to bring to an end-of-semester party, our S’mores Snack Mix offers the perfect solution!

Happy snacking, ladies! HCXO

[pagebreak]

S’mores Snack Mix

Inspired by Yum Sugar

Ingredients

4 cups Golden Grahams cereal

½ bag Ghardellis dark chocolate chips

1-1 ½ cups mini marshmallows

Optional: ¼ teaspoon sea salt  

[pagebreak]

Directions

1. Line a sheet with parchment paper and spread cereal evenly.
  2. Melt chocolate in microwave (follow directions on back of bag), stir until smooth and completely melted.
  3. Once chocolate is nice and easy to stir, use a spoon to drizzle over cereal.
  4. Sprinkle with marshmallows while chocolate is still wet. This is so everything will stick together.
  5. Allow to cool completely by sticking it in the refrigerator overnight. In the morning, break cereal into pieces. Store in an airtight container before serving.

Enjoy!

[pagebreak]

Helpful Hints

• You can change the chocolate flavor (dark, milk, white) depending on personal preference.
  • Sea salt can be used to give it a much more salty-sweet taste.
  • You can melt peanut butter and drizzle it on chocolate if you desire.
  • If you make a big batch now, you might even have some left over for finals!
Bentley University Class of 2014
Bentley University