Foodie Friday – Brunch Remix: Omelets 3 Ways

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

Welcome back, collegiettes!  This week we decided to showcase our love for food at one of our favorite brunch spots.

First of all, who doesn’t love brunch (breakfast/lunch)? It has the special ability to combine all things delicious – warm buttery pancakes, crispy potatoes AND fresh fruit.  Not to mention, it gives you a fantastic excuse to sleep in. When it comes to Sunday mornings, we don’t mess around; our favorite way to start the day? Omelets!

Instead of making our own this week, we took a trip to our beloved local spot, In A Pickle, and decided to show you our remix of omelets three ways. The menu is perfect for foodies like us because it gives you TONS of ways to customize your order.  But, it can definitely be intimidating for even the most experienced of customers; it’s easy to become overwhelmed by all the create-your-own options. Ever been so torn at a restaurant that you end up ordering something completely random at the last minute and then regretting your decision? If so, don’t worry we’ve all been there!

Whether you plan on making this in your own kitchen or ordering out, we have put together our favorite combinations of ingredients to ensure that you don’t mess up this delicious meal!

Courtesy of In A Pickle Restaurant

Way 1: Sarah’s Classic Veggie Omelet

Ingredients:

Egg whites

Jalapenos

Onion

Broccoli

Spinach

Tomatoes

Mushrooms

Green Peppers

Way 2: Missy’s Zesty Pesto Omelet

Ingredients:

Egg whites

Onion

Green Pepper

Broccoli

Basil Pesto

Feta Cheese

Way 3: Chris’s Meaty Omelet

Ingredients:

Eggs

Diced Black Forest Ham

Chopped Hickory Smoked Bacon

Pork Sausage Slices

American Cheese

Helpful hints:

*If you are not sure how a topping will taste, order it on the side. A great side item most people do not think to add is salsa. It mixes great with eggs, but is an easy addition to the side for people who aren’t ready for that big a risk.

*We all also enjoyed sides of home fries, toast and fruit cups, not to mention about 3 refills of coffee!

It is safe to say that when we walked away there were three empty plates. As always, thanks In A Pickle!

Enjoy! HCXO

Bentley University Class of 2014
Kathryn Burgner is a member of the class of 2013 at Bentley University and is majoring in Information Design & Corporate Communications, with minors in Marketing and Gender Studies. Kathryn is so excited to be a part of the Her Campus team and be the founder of Her Campus Bentley! Kathryn loves going to school near Boston, but she also loves her hometown of Dalton, MA, where she grew up in the Berkshires on a turkey farm. Kathryn loves singing, acting, dancing ballet, baking, & playing volleyball, and is interested in gender issues, fashion, and health & fitness. She is a founding member of the Masters of Bentley Acappella (MBAs) and enjoys being involved with the Women's Center at Bentley, Alpha Psi Omega Honorary Theatre Society, and Resident Assistance at Bentley. Kathryn aspires to work as an editor, social media professional, or marketing design professional in Boston, MA after her experiences at Bentley! Kathryn would like to thank her family and friends for their love and support towards all of her experiences and dreams.