HerCampus Bentley wishes everyone a wonderful Thanksgiving! We know that everyone is probably eager to go home or celebrate with their friends; a much needed break from school, meetings, and extracurricular activities. Our staff thought we would give you one extra step to make your Thanksgiving even more amazing. Having family or friends over? Expected to bring an appetizer elsewhere? Don’t sweat it, below are five amazing dip recipes to keep your company entertained while you are working your magic in the kitchen or amaze your friends and family in their own home. Hope you enjoy!
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 8 oz. package of cream cheese
- 1/2 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1/2 cup “Frank’s RedHot” Buffalo Wing Sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1.5 pound of Chicken Breasts
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Shred chicken breasts
- Place cream cheese into deep baking dish. Stir until smooth.
- Mix in ranch salad dressing and Frank's RedHot Sauce and shredded mozzarella cheese
- Stir in chicken shredded chicken
- Bake for around 20 minutes or until mixture is heated through
- Serve with crackers, pretzels, or tortilla chips.
2. Zesty Broccoli Dip
- 1 cup of Miracle Whip Light Dressing
- 1 package (10 oz.) of Frozen chopped broccoli (Thawed & Drained)
- 1 jar (2 oz.) of diced pimentos (Drained)
- ½ cup of grated parmesan Cheese
- 1 cup of 2% milk shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Combine and mix miracle whip light dressing, broccoli, diced pimentos, and grated parmesan cheese
- Spread into 1-qt. baking dish or 9-inch pie plate.
- Bake 20 to 25 min. or until heated through
- Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella—bake for another 5 minutes
- Serve with crackers.
3. Pesto Dip
- 7 oz. of prepared pesto
- 4 oz. cream cheese (softened)
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 Tbls. of parmesan cheese
- Place parmesan cheese, pesto, cream cheese and sour cream in a food processor or blender and mix until creamy.
- Serve with vegetables, crackers or bread
4. Curry Bread Bowl Dip
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Dash of freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoon chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons snipped chives
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 1 loaf Italian bread or a round crusty loaf
- Mix mayonnaise with tarragon, lemon juice, pepper, salt, thyme, curry, chili sauce, chives and onion
- Chill until ready to serve
- Hollow out the loaf of bread to form a basket, saving the torn pieces of bread in a plastic bag to use for dipping
- Wash the broccoli and separate into florets.
- At serving time, put the curry dip into the bread basket
- Serve with broccoli, carrot sticks and chunks of bread from the basket.
5. Jalapeno Popper Dip
- 2 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese (softened)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (4 oz.) can chopped green chilies (drained)
- 2 oz. canned diced jalapeno peppers (drained)
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Stir together cream cheese and mayonnaise in a large bowl until smooth.
- Stir in green chilies and jalapeno peppers.
- Pour mixture into a microwave safe serving dish
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese
- Microwave on High until hot (about 3 minutes)
- Serve with tortilla chips
Do you have a favorite dip recipe? Feel free to share with the HerCampus staff and Bentley community!
General Recipe Ideas collected from:http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/zesty-hot-holiday-broccoli-62442.aspx, http://www.franksredhot.com/recipes/franks-redhot-buffalo-chicken-dip-RE1242, and http://www.stilettosetsports.com/19-unique-football-party-dips/