Everything You *Don’t* Forget To Thank Bentley For

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

November is a month where many people reflect on what they’re thankful for. That being said, here is a list of things that no Falcon would ever forget to thank Bentley for- because chances are slim that anyone’s thankful for them in the first place!

1.     Closing the gym for every football game. Because who would want to go to the gym… on a weekend… when you have nothing else to do?

2.     The GB core. What marketing major doesn’t want to take 2 accounting & finance courses?!

3.     Group projects. 5 classes with 1+ group projects each? Goodbye, free time on weeknights! Hello, group of strangers who will likely drive me into an early grave!

4.     Bentley-specific textbooks. We definitely don’t spend enough money renting pointless books for other courses, might as well add some that must be purchased but can never be returned (I’m looking at you, GB 112/212)!

5.     Including a Ralph Lauren section in the bookstore- as if we don’t see enough of that on campus already (and can actually afford it, or anything else in the bookstore for that matter).

6.     The shuttle schedule. Would it have made sense to adjust it to match the new block schedule? Probably!

7.     Putting MORE than enough parking outside of Kresge and Forest for the amount of residents that live there! The walk from Miller Deck on a chilly December day is just so peaceful!!!!

8.     The fact that the Boylston Attic actually exists.

9.     Seasons. The food, the bizarre new seating, the fact that it closes at 8 or 9 PM given the day… Need I elaborate?

10. …Also, the fact that they tried to rename Seasons. The 921? No. Not catching on, people!

11. The Harvard shuttle consistently running at least 15 minutes late. Nothing like the heart-wracking quarter of an hour spent wondering if you just missed it.

12. Spotty cable. It’s so much fun when finding the Game Show Network is a game in itself.

13. The *eccentric* decorating in the Student Center. No one has ever seen anything quite like the mix of turquoise, pink, lime green, orange, silver, and various geometric patterns that has been achieved there.

14. And, last but not least, for literally building the campus into the side of a hill. So. Many. Stairs.

Despite all these things, I think it’s safe to say that we all love Bentley for a multitude of other reasons. Remember to be thankful for those reasons this Thanksgiving, and realize that once your time at Bentley is done, you’ll likely be wishing you could go back and do it all over again— Seasons, Smith Stairs, GB 320 and all.

Hi, my name is Molly! I'm currently the Co-President and a Campus Correspondent for Bentley University's HC chapter.