Emily’s Wednesday Matinee: Stuck in Love

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

Lately I have been in a movie rut. The best movies are the movies that make you feel, and I couldn’t seem to find a movie that left me satisfied- that was until I saw Stuck in Love. Despite being his first film, director Josh Boone proves that he knows how to make you experience “all the feels”. Centering on the Borgens family, Stuck in Love tells of the trials and tribulations through love lost and love found.

William Borgens (Greg Kinnear) is an author, but he hasn’t written a single word since his wife, Erica (Jennifer Connelly), left him three years earlier. Erica is off married to another man, and William has the weekly hookups with the neighbor (Kristen Bell).  The Borgens daughter, Samantha (Lily Collins), is in college and very skeptical of love after watching her parents’ love fail. And then there is Rusty (Nat Wolff) who is in high school and completely inexperienced in the world of love. Add into the mix Will’s ambition to move on, Lou, the dorky yet cute boy in Sam’s class, Kate, the popular girl in need of someone safe, and the Borgens family will never quite be the same. Join them all on their journey through the complicated yet possibly rewarding land of love, and you too may never be the same.

Check out one of my new favorites, Stuck in Love, but prepare yourself for a roller coaster of emotion. You will without a doubt be rooting for the entire Borgens family. Also, be on the lookout for Josh Boone’s second film, the film adaptation of John Green’s The Fault in our Stars.\

Photo Cred:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2205697/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Bentley University