This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

When the inevitable finals-week cravings kick in, we’ve got you covered. Here’s a comprehensive breakdown of the BLTs from local eateries.

Mr. Bartley’s Burgers

Location: Harvard University, 1246 Massachusetts Ave, Cambridge, MA 02138

Right down the street from J.P. Licks, and across the street from Harvard!

Review:

This by far is one of the best BLT’s I’ve ever had—lightly toasted white bread with the perfect amount of lettuce, tomato, and bacon. The French fries were just your typical fry, but even those impressed me. There was even a pickle on the side! There was a light spread of mayo, which was the perfect amount, and I don’t usually like mayo. To make this sandwich even better than it’s competitors, it’s called “The Bentley.” Mr. Bartley’s Burgers has a whole list of sandwiches and burgers named after celebrities and colleges in the area. It’s a pretty casual place, and getting a table during busy hours can be a struggle, but I would say it’s worth it.

• Toast: A+
  • Bacon: A+
  • Lettuce: A
  • Tomato: A                                                                                                                                                                   
  • Mayo: A+
  • French Fries: A
  • Pickle: A+

Price: $8.75 for the best BLT you’ll ever eat!

Overall Rating: A+

Boston Burger Company

Location: The Boston Burger Company actually has three different locations, but the one I went to was on: 1100 Boylston St. Boston, MA

Review:

A couple weeks ago, I went to Boston Burger Company with some friends from home. I’m not a big fan of burgers, so I decided to get a BLT. Be prepared—this BLT is giant, and is filled to the brim. It was served on a focaccia roll, which was really good. I thought there was a little bit too much lettuce on the sandwich and I had trouble keeping it all together. The tomato was pretty good, too. The odd thing about this BLT was that there was chicken on it, which I knew when I ordered it. I really didn’t mind having chicken on my BLT, but there was too much on it. Compared to the two pieces of bacon, the chicken took over this sandwich. The bacon was crispy enough, but there just wasn’t much of it. My major complaint with this sandwich was the mayo. If you like mayo sandwiches, then this is the sandwich for you…but if not, stay clear. I’m not sure if you can tell from the picture because it’s hiding under the lettuce, but there was way too much mayo on it, and I ended up scraping most of it off.

The nice thing about this BLT was that it came with two sides. I chose to get the chips and baked beans, which were both really good. The chips were a lot like the ones that they have at Seasons (the 921) from time to time. Personally, I really like these, and sometimes prefer them to French fries. The baked beans were also really good, giving you just the right amount to be on the side of such a big sandwich.

I’m not saying I won’t go here again, but I probably would not order the BLT from here. If you’re going to get a burger—which is why most people go—then go for it, I’ve heard nothing but good things!

• Roll: A-
  • Bacon: B
  • Lettuce: C+
  • Tomato: B+
  • Mayo: F
  • Chips: A+
  • Baked beans: A

Price: $11

Overall Rating: B

Allison Weed

Bentley '20

Allison Weed is a senior at Bentley University. She is majoring in Marketing with minors in Information Design and Corporate Communication, and International Affairs. She is the President and Campus Correspondent of the Bentley University Her Campus Chapter. 
Hi, my name is Molly! I'm currently the Co-President and a Campus Correspondent for Bentley University's HC chapter.