The Best Years of Our Lives: Our Favorite Bentley Memories

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

College has always meant to be a time where we grow, learn, and ultimately land the perfect job. As Bentley collegiettes, we know that our college experience has been so much more than that. Campus events like Spring Day, Breakfast by Moonlight (BBM), Groove Boston and much more keep us all from just talking about our financial portfolios, or becoming a library groupie. Instead, we create memories that we will never forget (well most of us…) that will someday remind us why college was the best years of our lives.

Here are a few examples of our favorite memories from living at Bentley!

Jessica Vella: Sledding during spring semester
of my freshman year by the stairs going up to Adamian across from Trees! Because we all complain about our mountain of a campus it was nice to stop and take advantage of it. Also, it provided the perfect opportunity to throw a few snowballs at our best friends!

Stephanie Hazelton: 
My favorite memory from Bentley is being an Orientation Leader for the Class of 2015. Being an OL was honestly the most fun 3 weeks I could have imagined and I loved meeting so many new people. I came into orientation knowing some of the other OLs and I left with great memories with all of the staff. The pictures I have from those weeks don’t even begin to capture the fun we had, but they do serve as great reminders!

Meredith Hohman: I think my favorite Bentley moment was when we heard the news that Osama Bin Laden was finally killed. The entire Bentley population stormed the greenspace and marched to lower campus all in unison chanting, crowd surfing, and running around with flags. It was awesome that so much of the community came together that night, and we even made the top 10 national college displays of action for that night!

And my personal favorite:

Spring Day: Bouncy houses, live music, and the whole Bentley population running around campus like little kids in a toy store. Whether or not you like the artist who is performing you can be sure you’ll have a great time because your Bentley peers would not allow for anything else. Just please, don’t be the freshman who pulls the fire alarm at 7am! (Yeah… That really happened.)

Contrary to popular belief, college has many opportunities to have ‘the best times of your life’. Whether is an event or just chilling on the Greenspace that makes  you get out of your dorm and interact, you’ll be glad you did. 
Kathryn Burgner is a member of the class of 2013 at Bentley University and is majoring in Information Design & Corporate Communications, with minors in Marketing and Gender Studies. Kathryn is so excited to be a part of the Her Campus team and be the founder of Her Campus Bentley! Kathryn loves going to school near Boston, but she also loves her hometown of Dalton, MA, where she grew up in the Berkshires on a turkey farm. Kathryn loves singing, acting, dancing ballet, baking, & playing volleyball, and is interested in gender issues, fashion, and health & fitness. She is a founding member of the Masters of Bentley Acappella (MBAs) and enjoys being involved with the Women's Center at Bentley, Alpha Psi Omega Honorary Theatre Society, and Resident Assistance at Bentley. Kathryn aspires to work as an editor, social media professional, or marketing design professional in Boston, MA after her experiences at Bentley! Kathryn would like to thank her family and friends for their love and support towards all of her experiences and dreams.