This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

Coming in as a sophomore, I was confused about the new meal plan guidelines. Which locations on campus take meal swipes? What types of food are in those locations? Last year the only options available that counted for meal swipes were anything provided at the 921. Einstein’s, LaCava, Currito, and The Nest were all counted as discretionary money. This year, it has been mindblowing that more food establishments such as Currito and LaCava offer meal trades. 

Since my residential hall is on the lower campus, I am grateful that Currito is open for meal swipes. It is more easily accessible to get food on the go when I can walk across the street and get lunch before my online classes begin. 

Especially as a student-athlete, I have an easier time going from practice to ordering my food ahead of time with the GrubHub app. I can finish my workout outside, walk to the Dana Center, and eat dinner on the benches outside with my teammates. Grubhub is also a fantastic tool for Bentley students to get their food and reduce their exposure to facilities quickly. There are limitations at Currito and LaCava with specific meal trades, so check GrubHub and see what food options are available that count. 

Last year as a freshman, I had to go to and from my classes in the academic buildings to the 921 to eat lunch and then back down to practice. From practice, I walked back up to the academic buildings to study in the library and eat dinner at the 921. These excess trips can be saved now with the Grubhub app and meal trading with LaCava and Currito. I can now go from practice straight to upper campus, get dinner at LaCava, and then study in the library at no discretionary expense. 

I thank Bentley for renovating their meal and dining services to better the Bentley Falcon community. I have more options catered to my dietary preferences now that more facilities are open. I feel safe because Bentley is updating its services to keep its students and faculty healthy with regards to the Coronavirus. Lastly, I feel relieved that there are more convenient options for me and my busy schedule!

Hello! My name is Marissa, and I am a senior at Bentley, pursuing a degree in Marketing and a minor in Information Design and Corporate Communication. I am also on the swim team, swimming sprint free. I love writing personal experience articles and reviews on stores and products.
Melissa is President and Campus Correspondent of Her Campus at Bentley University.  She is a senior majoring in Marketing and minoring in Spanish and Psychology.  Melissa studied abroad in Sevilla, Spain!  In her free time, she loves to read, write, play tennis, volunteer, and spend time with family and friends.  You'll usually find her exploring new places and restaurants and then writing articles about them!