5 Ways to Motivate Yourself to go to Class

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

After a winter full of horrendous snow storms with fishy names and below freezing temperatures, spring weather seems to finally be arriving. However, with finals only weeks away and summer right around the corner, class is the last place anyone wants to be. Here are a few tips to get you through these last few weeks of class and stay on track until summer finally arrives.

1.      Ask to have class outside. Students are not the only ones who have been cooped up during the winter. I bet you your professors want to go out and take advantage of the great weather just as much as you do. Plus, learning microeconomics is always more enjoyable when you can soak up some serious rays at the same time. Multitasking at its finest.

2.      Do your homework outside. Grab a patch of grass, sit on a bench, or snag a picnic table-there are plenty of places all over campus to sit and take in some fresh air. Getting some vitamin D is good for the brain too!

3.      Take a break.  Got a huge exam or paper due this week? Rather than sitting in the library daydreaming about being outside, take a twenty minute study break and go out and take in the sunshine. Be sure to set a timer on your phone, and, after twenty minutes, head back inside. After your nice weather fix, you will feel rejuvenated and ready to bang out the rest of your homework. 

4.      Skip the gym. Use the time that you set aside for going to the gym and go for a run outside instead. Try playing a pick-up game of soccer or throwing around a Frisbee with your friends. Great weather brings everyone together, and you will be getting in some exercise also. It’s a win-win situation!

5.      Schedule some down time. As students, we schedule everything from group meetings to interviews to time spent in class. Find the time in your schedule to spend just lying outside- physically mark it on your Outlook or planner. Arrange it so that you are going after you are finished with class for the day so you won’t be tempted to skip. Go ahead and allow yourself the time to enjoy the great weather. Who knows, with this crazy New England weather, it could be cold and rainy by the weekend!

Pictures:

http://www.socialmediamom.com/2011/03/how-to-cure-spring-fever.html (spring)

http://www2.gcc.edu/student/view/042406.htm (frisbee)

Bentley University
Kathryn Burgner is a member of the class of 2013 at Bentley University and is majoring in Information Design & Corporate Communications, with minors in Marketing and Gender Studies. Kathryn is so excited to be a part of the Her Campus team and be the founder of Her Campus Bentley! Kathryn loves going to school near Boston, but she also loves her hometown of Dalton, MA, where she grew up in the Berkshires on a turkey farm. Kathryn loves singing, acting, dancing ballet, baking, & playing volleyball, and is interested in gender issues, fashion, and health & fitness. She is a founding member of the Masters of Bentley Acappella (MBAs) and enjoys being involved with the Women's Center at Bentley, Alpha Psi Omega Honorary Theatre Society, and Resident Assistance at Bentley. Kathryn aspires to work as an editor, social media professional, or marketing design professional in Boston, MA after her experiences at Bentley! Kathryn would like to thank her family and friends for their love and support towards all of her experiences and dreams.