What To Do When You Have a Bad Case of Senioritis

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Belmont chapter.

As I sit here and write this article I am quickly discovering that I have a problem. Lack of motivation, lack of concentration, scattered thoughts. You name it, I’ve got it! As I begin my last semester of college, I am quickly realizing that I have a bad case of senioritis. Now, this doesn’t prevent me from getting good grades and meeting deadlines, but it does take away from the fun and excitement of college a little bit. I find that I am not as excited about school as I have been in the past and I hear my bed calling my name all throughout the day. Senioritis doesn’t just affect those who are about to graduate; sophomores and juniors can be hit by the bug too. So what do you do when even the idea of school is too much to handle?

Remember how close you are to the finish line. Think about this time last year. It really wasn’t that long ago and when we look back time really does fly. Remember that you only have 4 months left!

Remember what you have invested here. College isn’t cheap. You have spent a lot of money investing in your education. You have worked to get those good grades, don’t let your GPA slip now. Make the effort and money you have put into your education worth it by finishing strong.

Find better things to do. Instead of sitting around staring at a screen, go do something. Fresh air and a little physical activity might put a hop in your step.

Sleep. Now, I do this a lot. Every time I have the chance to nap, I take it. However, if I didn’t stay up watching Friends every night, I would get more sleep and wouldn’t need all of those naps.

Stay organized. Now is not the time to throw away your planner. You are not only going to need to know what assignments you have due, but you will also need to keep track of when things are due for graduation. It’d be pretty unfortunate if you forgot to order your cap and gown.

Find yourself a pal. I am sure that you know many people dealing with senioritis. Find them and be their friend! It’s a lot easier to stay motivated when you’ve got someone to keep you accountable.

Make sure to like HC Belmont on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, pin with us on Pinterest, and love us on Instagram

Kaylinn is a Corporate Communication major at Belmont University located in Nashville, Tennessee. She loves shopping, watching reality tv, and eating pizza. She likes talking politics, but can also hold an equally compelling conversation about the Kardashians. She dreams of traveling the world and living in Italy with her little sister.