This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Belmont chapter.

1. Radnor Lake State Park

Only about a 15 minute drive from Belmont, this state park is a beautiful place to walk, run or bike around. There are many different trails to take and so many beautiful views, and it’s very calming to escape the city life for a little bit and enjoy nature.

2. Country Music Hall of Fame

Located in downtown Nashville, this museum is an incredible experience, even for those who don’t love country music. It features items dating back from the beginning of country music to memorabilia of the stars of today’s music. They have iconic outfits ranging from Taylor Swift, Carrie Underwood, Johnny Cash and many others. It’s a crucial place to visit if you live in Nashville.  

3. Nashville Metro Animal Care and Control

At this animal shelter in town, you can adopt any dog from the shelter for a day, called a “Bow-Wow Breakout.” For a whole day, you can spend time with a dog who needs some loving and take it around the town. It’s a good deed and also so much fun.

4. 12 South

One of the most popular tourist destinations, 12 South is a very fun and exciting street to visit. There are fun coffee shops such as Frothy Monkey (where celebrities are often spotted), Reese Witherspoon’s beautiful boutique called Draper James, murals to take pictures with, and fun restaurants to grab a bite at with friends. And the best part? It’s only a few blocks away from Belmont.

5. The Gulch

Another popular tourist attraction, The Gulch is an area also close to Belmont where many exciting shops and restaurants are. There is an endless supply of fun activities to do while in The Gulch.

6. Grand Ole Opry

The Grand Ole Opry is one of, if not the most, iconic place in Nashville. For decades, legendary country music stars have performed here for sold-out audiences, and it is a must-see attraction. You can get tickets on their website.

7. Opry Mills

Located directly next to the Grand Ole Opry, Opry Mills is a mall with many fun activities inside. There’s the Rainforest Cafe, a movie theater, many different restaurants, Madame Tussaud’s Wax Museum, and every store under the sun.

8. The Bluebird Cafe

A birthplace of many iconic singing careers such as Faith Hill’s and Taylor Swift’s, this small and humble cafe hosts talented singers and songwriters almost every day in a very intimate setting. Tickets can be purchased online.

9. Mewsic Kitty Cafe

If you’re a fan of cats, this is the place for you. It is a cat cafe, which is essentially a coffee shop with cats roaming around for you to pet. It’s the perfect place to do homework or work and also have the comfort of a cat by your side. You do have to book a reservation online beforehand.

10. Hillsboro Village

Also a popular attraction very close to Belmont, Hillsboro Village is a street full of fun things to do. The most popular destination is Pancake Pantry, a restaurant best known for their wide selection of pancakes. The line is always wrapped around the block. There are also fun coffee shops, such as Fido, and elegant boutiques.

Make sure to like HC Belmont on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, pin with us on Pinterest, and love us on Instagram

Annie Kerr

Belmont '22

Hi, I'm Annie! I'm from Oklahoma City and I am majoring in English at Belmont University in Nashville! I hope to become a writer or publisher in the future. Some of my favorite things include cats, Christmas, rainy days, books, and romantic comedies!