sagar patil 8UcNYpynFLU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sagar patil 8UcNYpynFLU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Belmont chapter.

This week I had the opportunity to talk to one of my good friends from the blogging community, Lauren Bayes of the blog: garnetandpink.blogspot.com! Lauren told me all about her time in college, her favorite place in the world (Disney!) and all about what it is like to be a blogger. Let’s learn about Lauren!

Instagram: @laurensmagicalmoments

What are your socials?: Instagram handle: @laurensmagicalmoments, Blog URL: garnetandpink.blogspot.com

Where are you from originally?: I am from South Carolina!

What is your major and/or minor: English with the writing concentration/dance

What are you involved with on campus?: I’m a member of Epsilon Sigma Alpha, which is a lovely service sorority. We do a bunch of different service projects together and individually, plus we have super fun functions and formals, too. I’m also on the club dance team where we get to perform around campus at different events. We mostly do hip hop and contemporary styles.

Fun fact about yourself: I have a super big sweet tooth! Cupcakes are my favorite!

How long have you been blogging?: I started my blog right before my freshman year of college, and I’m currently a sophomore.

What made you decide to get into blogging?: I wanted to have a place where I could keep track of the memories I made in college. I also love writing as it is my major, so I figured a blog would be the perfect way to treasure my memories made here. It’s also nice because my friends and family that I don’t get to see often can read my blog and keep up with what I’ve been doing!

Where is the best place you’ve traveled to?: Disney World of course! The magic I feel there is incomparable to any other place I’ve been.

Instagram: @laurensmagicalmoments

Advice for someone wanting to start their own blog?: I would say to write and share what feels most comfortable. I see that a lot of people feel like they have to share certain aspects of their life because that’s what’s “popular” or “trending”, but if those trends aren’t what you’re comfortable and passionate about sharing, then don’t stress! Just share what you truly want to, and sure enough, people who are honestly interested in your content will follow along.

Is there anything you would go back and tell your past self?: I would tell my past self that life changes so quickly, but that can be a good thing. There are certain things that might be happening to you in one moment, and if they’re good, really soak it in. However, if they’re bad, just relax because it won’t matter for very long anyway.

Anything else that you want people to know about you?: To be honest, my blog hasn’t up updated in a while, but I’m working on it! Sophomore year has been busier than freshman year, but in a good way, so I’ll be writing more and posting more in the next couple of weeks! I’m usually a pretty organized person, so things should be getting back to normal real soon!

Thank you, Lauren, for talking with me this week, and it has been a pleasure getting to know you better! Make sure you all check out her blog and Instagram for more fun content like this one!

Rachel Smith

Belmont '21

Hi everyone, my name is Rache!l I am a college blogger over at www.carouselofrachel.wordpress.com and I am passionate about Jesus, iced coffee and digital media. I attend Belmont University in Nashville, TN studying Entertainment Industry Studies + Hospitality Management! I am a member of Alpha Gamma Delta Sorority and the Vice President of Membership for Women in Entertainment. I love traveling, pro wrestling, reading, and history,