Campus Celeb: Olivia Dixon

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Belmont chapter.

Name: Olivia Dixon

Year: Sophomore

Hometown: St. Simons Island, GA

Why did you choose Belmont?

I chose Belmont because of the Christian community and the highly regarded school of music. I also fell in love with the beautiful campus. I feel like I’m living at a country club!

What activities are you involved with in on and off campus? In school, I’m a part of Belmont University’s opera theatre, but I also enjoy attending Belmont’s workout classes. I am a volunteer outside of school at Ethos Church where I work with the children.

What do you love about Belmont?

I love Belmont because of the positive attitude of the students and faculty bring. I feel like everyone here is so encouraging, and truly want to see others succeed. This outlook creates such a rewarding and joyful environment to learn in.

What are your hobbies?

My favorite thing to do is to go swing dancing. I love horseback riding. I also really enjoy crafts like embroidery and adult coloring. I’ve gotten into modeling here and there, and I have a lot of fun with it. I’m obsessed with fashion and makeup, and I love styling people and doing their makeup. I also dabble in interior design.

What do you want to do after you graduate?

My ultimate dream is to become an actress on Broadway, but I would feel very blessed to be a classical vocalist, a professional dancer, or even a professional blogger.

Who would you say your style influences are?

My biggest fashion influence is Jackie Burkhart. My biggest makeup influence is Kylie Jenner. I can’t think of a person who actually influences my sense of style, though. I really love ’70s inspired fashion. Some of my favorite stores are Free People and Anthropology.

Do you have any role models?

My role model is actually one of my closest friends, Megan Stewart. Megan is a sophomore classical voice major. I look up to her because she exemplifies kindness, generosity, wisdom, and determination.

What’s your favorite place at Belmont?

My favorite place at Belmont are the gazebos, specifically the ones by the mansion. You can look out and see the lawn. It’s very peaceful and relaxing, I love to do homework out there!

Do you have any advice for incoming freshman?

My advice for incoming freshman is to not be afraid to talk to people. For example, if you feel awkward the first week of school when you run into someone who you follow on Instagram, but you haven’t formally met them yet, reach out and say something. Chances are, they’re wanting to reach out to you too, but they don’t know how to go about it.

What do you think is the most important thing for having a great college experience?

I think it’s all about balance. It’s so important to go to class and study, of course, but it’s also important to enjoy where you are. I stay balanced by getting my homework finished and then going out to get ice cream at Jeni’s or maybe watching some Netflix and ordering Chinese food. It’s also important to invest time in small things that make you happy, it can go a long way. For example, I enjoy flowers, so every now and then I will treat myself to a bouquet to put on my desk. Little joys like that really make a stressful week not as tough.

What’s the one thing you wish more people knew about you?

My hope is that if I’m ever blessed with personal success, I want to give all the glory to God. I feel that God is the reason I’m at Belmont pursuing a music career. I am so thankful to Him for all the doors he has opened for me so far.

Anything else you’d like to share?

I am just so excited to be featured in Her Campus!

Follow Olivia on Instagram: livviedix

Want to suggest someone for our next profile? Email us at belmont@hercampus.com 

Make sure to like HC Belmont on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, pin with us on Pinterest, and love us on Instagram 

Born and raised in Louisville, KY, Sarah came to Belmont as a member of the class of 2019. Sarah joined the Her Campus Belmont team as a chapter contributor her sophomore year and took over as President just a few months later. While you'll find her studying corporate communications and theatre during school, in her free time she enjoys hot yoga, bingeing Game of Thrones, and working to make her chapter the absolute best it can be.