The 8 Stages of Listening to Bebe Rexha’s “All Your Fault Pt. 1”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Belmont chapter.

Quick PSA: Bebe Rexha is the female pop artist we’ve been waiting for. 

But she’s no stranger to the industry. With being in a band with Fall Out Boy’s Pete Wentz, establishing her name as a songwriter (can you say “Monster” by Rihanna and Eminem?!), and making Billboard’s Hot 100 with her first single “I Got You” all under her belt, she has already become a well-respected and well-known talent on the Warner Brothers roster. Bebe’s real and honest lyrics radiate confidence and relatability while her melodies are catchy and singable, and it’s a collection of songs that you don’t want to miss. If you haven’t listened to it yet, 1) STOP WHAT YOU’RE DOING AND LISTEN TO IT… like, now. 2) we’re giving you the cliffnotes version of your journey through listening to All Your Fault Pt. 1. 

1. “Atmosphere”(aka the first song) is the first time on the EP that you realize Bebe’s a FREAKIN’ BOSS. 

She’s essentially rapping with simple yet clever lyrics in the verses then shows off her stellar voice in the choruses. It’s the perfect balance of vocal and lyrical craft.

2. You then sing every word of “I Got You,” which is the song you’ve already played 5,000 times and will definitely still listen to another 5,000 times before you need a break. 

I totally played this song way too much when it came out in October and I’ve totally continued to play it way too much. 

3. Then you realize everything to this point of the EP has been relatable, but “Small Doses” really hits home because we’ve all had that relationship.

And you think about that guy you can only deal with in small doses but you totes always go back to. He’s too much to handle but you definitely still go back. IT’S. SO. GOOD.

4. You then adopt F.F.F. as your new go-to acronym when you have the worst friend situation.

And add this to that playlist for when you’re losing hope in society and realize this is a pretty fun song to sing even in said worst friend situation. 

5. By this point you feel ready to take on the world when “Gateway Drug”  makes you feel like you’re in a music video while you’re lip-syncing and awkwardly dancing to it.

This one is definitely a favorite of mine, and I think the dubstep vibe really drives the message of it home. 

6. Then her collab on “Bad B*tch” with Ty Dolla $ign gets you so hype that you’re so sad when it ends that it’s the last song of the album. 

7 .Then you research and find out that Rexha is a writer on every single song. 

8. And you’re so pumped that you play it all over again. 

“All Your Fault Pt. 1” is available on iTunes, Spotify, and Apple Music! Be sure to check it out and be sure to catch Bebe Rexha on her “All Your Fault” tour!

Make sure to like HC Belmont on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, pin with us on Pinterest, and love us on Instagram