This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

As much as I love BC, I do get homesick every once in awhile. Sometimes seeing a familiar face from back home is what I need to make it through to spring break. So when my friend who’s a junior in high school, came to visit me this weekend, you can guess how excited I was. I think I may have been more excited to host her than she was to visit and tour the school!

• Our day started out in Wolfman’s chem lecture; she’s interested in medicine so seeing a Gen Chem lecture was a must. She ended up absolutely loving him (just like I do!)

• Then we ventured off to my bio lecture, but Ecology and Evolution is just about as exciting as it sounds. Yawn. Time for lunch at Eagles!

• After we braved the longer-than-usual salad line, I dropped her off at Devlin so she could go on her “official” tour (as if you really get the full experience).

• Once she got back, I decided to show her Newton campus to let her know it’s really not the end of the world if you live there, although Transloc is a force to be reckoned with.

• Now off to Cleveland Circle and The Street at Chestnut Hill, definitely not stopping at Chipotle though.

• Once we’ve seen all the basics, we headed back to Upper to meet all my friends and get ready for the night!

• I managed to snag tickets to Sexual Chocolate’s Valentine’s Weekend show at Robsham which we’ve both (obviously) never seen before! It definitely lived up to all the hype!
  • There was still enough time left in the hockey game to watch one period!

After a busy Friday on campus, we were so ready to get into the city Saturday afternoon for some shopping and sightseeing. Sometimes I forget how fun it is to just explore the city with no set plan in mind. Newbury Street and the Commons were gorgeous with the recent snowfall! It was so great to see a familiar face while showing off my favorite place! 

Sources:

https://www.bc.edu/about/tour/s-main.html

Diana is a freshman at BC this year majoring in biology on a pre-med track. In her limited free time she enjoys running the res, finding the best fro-yo places around, and spending time with the awesome people she's met!
Blake is a senior at Boston College and is pursuing Biology and Pre-Med, as well as the perfect slice of pizza. She is so excited to be a co-Campus Correspondent along with Emily this year! As well as being a writer for Her Campus BC, she is also a member of the Girls Club Lacrosse team, the Public Health Club, and is a physics tutor on campus.