What’s Your Ideal Spring Break?!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

Oh, spring break… c’mon, how much more college can it get?  Tanning on a beach in Punta Cana all day, putting on your party clothes and raging from night till dawn, and repeating this for five glorious days.  While this definitely sums up most people’s idea of a typical collegiette’s spring break, Her Campus BC is here to tell you that the Punta Cana party isn’t your only option.  In fact, many students at BC use our week off at the beginning of March to do everything from going home to relax, to trekking to the south as part of a service trip, to flying half way across the world to visit friends studying abroad.  With this in mind, here’s an idea of what consists of a few BC collegiettes’ spring breaks:

“Anywhere warm!!  I get so sick of the cold during the winter months, so Spring Break is a chance to get away from the chilly Boston weather.  I guess I would say somewhere like the Bahamas where there’s tons of beaches, bars, clubs, and other fun things to do during the day.” – Serafina Zeringo, 2012

“Exactly what I’m doing this year.  I’m going to Vegas to party and live it up there and tan.  Then for the second half I’m going to the completely opposite world in Canada.  I’ll go to Whistler to ski, see family and family-friends, and just relax. It’s kind of getting the best of both worlds because I get to be crazy and wild for the first half of break, then I get to wind down and relax with family for the last few days.” – Annie Giglio, 2012

“Hmmm, I guess the location doesn’t matter so much to me as long as I get to spend Spring Break with my friends!” – Danielle Parra, 2015

“I’m going to Honolulu this year and wouldn’t want to go anywhere else!  We’ll be spending our days hiking volcanoes, surfing, jet skiing, and at night we’ll be sleeping on the beach.  Plus, it’s 80 degrees there now and it’s only January!” – Kaysey Fung, 2012

“My ideal Spring Break would be going to Aspen with the girls.  Hitting the slopes during the day and then an evening out on the town together!” – Lia Wickerham, 2014

“I would definitely say that my ideal location for Spring Break is somewhere hot on the beach, like the Bahamas.  I want three things: sun, sand, and friends!” – Becky Card, 2014

“Last year when Christine Miecuna and I were studying abroad in Ireland, we did a week long trip to Paris, Barcelona, and London over Spring Break.  We finished up our trip in Ireland to celebrate St. Patty’s day the right way!  We definitely took advantage of being in Europe so we could have a totally different kind of Spring Break.”  — Liz Barberio, 2012

“My roommates and I agree that Bahamas or Mexico is the way to go for Spring Break.  We just want to go somewhere beautiful and sunny, where we can relax on the beach with our friends  and do absolutely nothing. That’s what break is supposed to be about right?  Taking a break, relaxing, and getting away from it all!” – Beth Evans, 2014

“Ok, my ideal Spring Break location would be either the Cayman Islands because they have the most beautiful beaches or St. Bart’s because it’s beautiful and has fabulous shopping!” – Diana Angelini, 2015

“This year I’m leading an Appalachia trip to Camden, NJ.  We’re a small habitat group, so we’ll be 10-14 people.  I decided to do it because I felt like it would be a productive way to spend my break and because the trips are a lot of fun.  Service and solidarity have become very important to me during my time at BC and Appa is a good way to express that importance!” – Kate Froehlich, 2012

So there you have it!  As you can see, BC collegiettes want to do everything from service in a nearby town, to skiing the slopes, to hitting the beach, to voyaging to Paris!  Let’s put it this way, Spring Break is what you make of it.  It can be a week of R&R or one big party in a casino or beach.  As long as you’re with people you love, you’re bound to have the time of your life!

Photo Sources:
www.touristmeight.com
www.articlecoolidea.net
www.blackbookcv.com

Julianne is an Ohio native studying communication at Boston College with a concentration in journalism. She got involved with Her Campus BC when the chapter launched in December 2010. She began as an editor and contributing writer, and since has moved up the ranks to Campus Correspondent. Aside from working for Her Campus, Julianne is a certified personal trainer at Boston College's Flynn Recreational Complex and teaches group fitness as well. During her sophomore year, Julianne was a part of the Arrupe Program at BC and traveled to Guatemala, learning about the culture, political, social, economic, and religious issues of the country. Her goals post graduation include writing for a health and fitness magazine or working in communications for college or professional athletics. As for now, however, she is enjoying life at the University she loves so much! An avid hockey and football fan, one can always find Julianne in the stands rooting on BC and the Boston Bruins! Other hobbies include running, yoga, cooking, baking, and photography.