Valentines Ideas For Every Friend

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

Remember in elementary school when your entire classroom exchanged valentines on Valentine’s Day, and you would pick out the prettiest ones in the box for your best friends and your crush? Times have changed since then, but there is no reason not to keep up with this youthful tradition of giving valentines. Now that you’re older, you can probably make them a little better than, “You’re the best, Valentine,” or “Be mine.” Here are some ideas for all your different friends.

For your roommate who loves The Bachelor:

Personally, I’m not a huge fan of Juan Pablo… but my roommates, on the other hand, think he’s absolutely dreamy (and I’m sure yours do, too).  This comic sans valentine references their interests, yet lets you poke a little fun at it, too.

For the person you like:

A handmade valentine is a great way to show you care, because you put effort into actually making the valentine. A classic heart-shaped valentine is always a great way to go, but don’t be afraid to get creative!

For your best friend who goes online way too much:

Yes, more comic sans valentines – for the Internet lover, of course. This is the kind of valentine this friend probably sees all the time on Tumblr or Buzzfeed. Add in a little bit of Leo’s Oscar struggles and the Sherlock fandom, and it’s sure to be a hit.

For everybody else:

Okay, honestly I still would love getting a sparkly valentine with a picture of a cat or a princess foil valentine with a princess pencil attached. I know what I said before, but giving people a valentine reminiscent of their third grade days is something that can’t go wrong!

Photo Sources:

Laughterthebestmedicine.tumblr.com

Wickedfoxy.tumblr.com

http://www.amazon.com/Disney-Princess-Valentines-32-Count/dp/B00B0L1U5W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1390974393&sr=8-1&keywords=princess+valentines

lifeisagametome.tumblr.com

Boston College student, but Wisconsinite at heart. Music aficionado, and lover of all things cats. BC '16, LSOE. Secondary Ed. and English major, Psychology minor. Along with being a writer and editor for HC BC, Samantha is a Drumline Section Leader in the Screaming Eagles Marching Band, involved in the BC Pep Band and the BC Symphonic Band, and is a member of the English Association.