Updates from a BC Startup: Jebbit!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

If you go to Boston College, you have probably seen a Facebook status, Tweet, or overly enthusiastic student telling you to sign up for Jebbit.  It is not an uncommon occurrence for people to ask me, though, “So, what exactly is Jebbit?”  For those of you who have never heard of it or those who have heard about it 100 times but still don’t really know how it works, I am here to help you break it down!

Jebbit is an interactive website that allows college students to earn cash for answering questions about interesting companies and brands.  It is as simple as that.  Current BC students designed our business model because they believed that college students should be rewarded for taking the time to learn about these companies.  Jebbit knows your time is precious.

Yet, we ALL have those moments – maybe in the Rat when we are avoiding a paper that is due in an hour or maybe at 12:30 when we just don’t want to study for our Micro exam the next day anymore – when we are surfing the internet for something to do.  It is at these moments that you should utilize Jebbit.  Take 10 minutes, and earn 10 dollars.  All you have to do are answer questions correctly.  For each correct answer, you are paid.  No strings attached.  Once you have completed a campaign and earned that straight cash, girl, you can buy anything you want!  I have compiled a list of some great things you can buy with the money you earn from Jebbit.

TOP 10 THINGS YOU CAN DO WITH THE MONEY YOU EARN FROM JEBBIT!

1. Jebbit can help you buy that much needed caramel iced coffee from Hillside… because we all know this late in the semester that you have used up all your allocated Eagle Bucks. 

2. If you are getting supplies for the birthday party you are throwing yourself this week – sparkly crown included… that’s on Jebbit this year! 

3. Jebbit can help you get that new Lululemon headband, in order to keep your hair looking perfect while you are running, ellipticaling, or weight lifting around campus. 

4. The dollar bills you earn from Jebbit can buy you that first round of Vodka and Cranberry drinks at MA’s or Cityside.  And after waiting in that line that never seems to get any shorter, you really do deserve a break. 

5. Some BC spirit gear is always a great idea!  A true BC Superfan is proud to use the green she makes on Jebbit to get those gold & maroon Boston College beads, crewnecks, and baseball hats.

6. Use your Jebbit financial assets to make a difference!  BC students are known for their dedication to service, so take the money you just made and donate it to a service trip.  Or use it to contribute to the American Red Cross Hurricane Sandy Relief Fund!  As a Jersey girl, I can attest they can use all the help they can get. 

7. J. Crew jewelry is a personal favorite indulgence of mine.  Jebbit = More J. Crew for you!  What’s not to love?

8. Take the Jebbit dollar bills to pick up those much needed groceries from City Convenience.  With final exams fast approaching, you are going to need all the caffeine and Easy Mac you can get your hands on. 

9. I love Essie nail polish, so any way I can buy another bottle is a good way to spend my money.  Complete two or three campaigns on Jebbit, and all that’s left is figuring out what shade you want to try next! 

10. Christmas is right around the corner, and you are able to purchase all those Secret Santa goodies with the cash you earn on Jebbit.  What a great way to start off the holiday season!

If this list has got you excited about earning cash on Jebbit, sign up now at www.jebbit.com.  If you have any questions about Jebbit, please reach out to me: erin.cullen@bc.edu.  The Jebbit team is always here to help our fellow BC students!

Caitlin is currently a student at Boston College studying English and Pre-Law.  At BC, she is a member of the Boston College Irish Dance Club, on the Honors Program Student Executive Board's Community Service Committee, and interns and writes for the fashion and culture blog Rusted Revolution.  She has been wriring for Her Campus BC since Jaunary 2011 and is serving as BC's Campus Correspondent for the 2012-2013 school year.  Outside of school, she is a competitive Irish dancer, and has been dancing for 18 years. During her high school career, she completed an engineering project at Case Western Reserve University that made her one of 40 Intel Science Talent Search Finalists in 2009.   In addition to all of this, Caitlin loves reading, yoga, running, shopping, spending time with friends and family, and traveling.