A Trip Down the C Line

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

Last weekend, I had the rare opportunity to travel down the C line for my roommate’s birthday dinner.  Normally, my friends and I trek all the way downtown for a birthday, or we stop somewhere down the B line.  There was this crepe place in Coolidge Corner that my friend swore by, so we decided to be adventurous instead.  It paid off.  The place was delicious, and on the T ride there, I realized that there are plenty of fun, yummy restaurants on the C line that most people have never even heard of – and much easier to get to than the North End!  All BC students should be aware of these gems, especially with Valentine’s Day coming up and date spots being in high demand.  Here are a few great options just down the C line:

Paris Creperie

This was the restaurant that actually sparked the idea for this article.  The place is tiny, so I would not come here with more than six people.  However, that is the only negative thing I can say about Paris Creperie.  The crepes, both savory and sweet (I had a Chicken Caesar Crepe for dinner and a brown sugar crepe for dessert) are delicious, the staff was friendly, and the service was quick.  My favorite part of the meal was the Nutella Hot Chocolate, which was, hands down, the best hot chocolate I’ve ever had, and I consider myself to be something of a hot chocolate enthusiast.  It is right in Coolidge Corner, just a block from the Coolidge Corner stop on the C Line.  It is the perfect spot for a Valentine’s Day date or just a dinner out with your roommates.

The Publick House

Just a few stops down the C line near the Washington Square stop, this place has great food and great atmosphere.  It has a big menu full of classic American food.  I would highly recommend the Marinated Grilled Chicken sandwich.  The prices are not too bad – my chicken sandwich was 11.00, but I wouldn’t call this place inexpensive (the Caesar Salad is 10.00).  The staff is also friendly.  It is a great place to go with a group, but they do not take reservations, so plan accordingly.  

The Fireplace

This place is just down the street from The Publick House, and while the food is excellent, the atmosphere is a bit quieter and more formal.  The service is really great, and as I said, the food is awesome (especially the Lobster Mac & Cheese).  The dessert is what really makes this place great for me – they have a wide selection ranging from glazed sugar doughnuts to Taza chocolate fudge cake to butterscotch bread pudding.  The only downside of The Fireplace is the price – the entrées are all between 24 and 36 dollars.  If you don’t want to spend that much, you should still go to The Fireplace for dessert with friends, and then wait until your parents come to visit to suggest a place that is conveniently close to school…

All three of these restaurants are just a taste of what lies down the C line.  There are plenty of other places – such as Osaka Japanese Sushi House or Lineage, which I personally cannot wait to try, and I hope you will too!  Next time, you’re planning a friend’s birthday dinner or looking for a new place for date night, be rebellious, and hop on the C line – you never know, your new favorite restaurant could be closer than you think! 

Photo From:

http://bcxrr.files.wordpress.c…

Caitlin is currently a student at Boston College studying English and Pre-Law.  At BC, she is a member of the Boston College Irish Dance Club, on the Honors Program Student Executive Board's Community Service Committee, and interns and writes for the fashion and culture blog Rusted Revolution.  She has been wriring for Her Campus BC since Jaunary 2011 and is serving as BC's Campus Correspondent for the 2012-2013 school year.  Outside of school, she is a competitive Irish dancer, and has been dancing for 18 years. During her high school career, she completed an engineering project at Case Western Reserve University that made her one of 40 Intel Science Talent Search Finalists in 2009.   In addition to all of this, Caitlin loves reading, yoga, running, shopping, spending time with friends and family, and traveling.