A Sweet Valentine’s Day with Boston Chocolate School

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

Forget about buying Valentine’s Day chocolates for your sweetheart this year – make them instead!  Boston Chocolate School, located at the Elephant & Castle Restaurant in the Financial District, is hosting chocolate-making “classes no one wants to cut” every Saturday at 1:00 PM.

Arrive with a group of friends or that special someone, and prepare to be greeted with a warm cup of the best hot chocolate that you have ever had.  While sipping, sit back, relax, and enjoy a little history about chocolate (from bean to bar) as told by Dorian McCarron, renowned Boston pastry chef, winner of The Food Network’s second season of Sweet Genius, and lover of chocolate (so much so that he has not gone a day in 12 years without eating chocolate in some form!) 

Once your history lesson has concluded, it is time for the real fun to begin – you have the rest of the afternoon to roll, dip, garnish, and consume your very own (quite delicious) truffles.  But just a fair warning: once you have tasted a homemade truffle, you will never want to store-buy them again – so thank goodness that you get a list of recipes to bring home with you at the end of the day!

Moral of the story: don’t spend another boring Valentine’s Day eating boxed candy with your friends or partner – get out, and do something new and exciting that allows you to head home with boxes of chocolate!  CLICK HERE for more information about Boston Chocolate School.

Photo Sources:

http://www.bostonchocolatetours.com/chocolate-school/

http://www.bostonchocolatetour…

Caitlin is currently a student at Boston College studying English and Pre-Law.  At BC, she is a member of the Boston College Irish Dance Club, on the Honors Program Student Executive Board's Community Service Committee, and interns and writes for the fashion and culture blog Rusted Revolution.  She has been wriring for Her Campus BC since Jaunary 2011 and is serving as BC's Campus Correspondent for the 2012-2013 school year.  Outside of school, she is a competitive Irish dancer, and has been dancing for 18 years. During her high school career, she completed an engineering project at Case Western Reserve University that made her one of 40 Intel Science Talent Search Finalists in 2009.   In addition to all of this, Caitlin loves reading, yoga, running, shopping, spending time with friends and family, and traveling.