Sprang Break 2k16: On Campus Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

I spent the majority of my Spring Break laying in my bed with a double chin and scrolling through 15 second makeup tutorials on Instagram. And by “my bed” I mean the one on Newton Campus, not the one with my dog curled up on the end.

Like a few unlucky RAs, I found myself stuck on campus while my friends and peers flocked to warm weather. After enviously tapping through Snapchat stories and Facebook albums that featured tan lines and fruity drinks, I got the idea that I should make the best of my week of solitude by documenting it in a series of pictures.

Lots of legroom on the Newton Bus that conveniently ran once every 5 hours!

I didn’t have to do laundry because I didn’t change out of my pajamas, but look at all those open machines!

Fun fact: when there isn’t 200 people in the Plex at once it’s 20 degrees cooler.

I definitely saw a ghost, but at least the sinks are clean.

No toilets were harmed in the aftermath of a Thursday night at Garage.

A shower without hair on the walls almost tricked me into forgetting about my shower shoes.

Though I can’t claim that Sprang Break 2016 rocked my world, it definitely set the bar low for the next three years. While it seems that most of BC was lucky enough to soak up some Vitamin D on tropical beaches, I basked in the beauty of clean bathrooms and open treadmills.  Checkout my Travelocity review for more details.

Sources:

http://giphy.com/gifs/ScvWp7xASsXXa

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/a2887dc6c24bea97938fe45af823859796be2c10/c=118-0-1931-1363&r=x513&c=680×510/local/-/media/2015/03/13/Phoenix/Phoenix/635618494119119193-10517938-934484743229295-3553444587502013663-o.jpg

Blake is a senior at Boston College and is pursuing Biology and Pre-Med, as well as the perfect slice of pizza. She is so excited to be a co-Campus Correspondent along with Emily this year! As well as being a writer for Her Campus BC, she is also a member of the Girls Club Lacrosse team, the Public Health Club, and is a physics tutor on campus.