We’ve all been there. Life seems absolutely awful, and it seems like there is no hope in sight. That light at the end of the tunnel keeps getting farther and farther and farther away…
Life could be a lot worse. You know how the grass is always greener on the other side. False. The grass can also be a lot browner, and in some cases, non-existent. Instead of feeling sorry for yourself, here are a few quotes and suggestions to get you up and over it.
There are a lot of movies out there about turning lemons into lemonade. Here is a list of some of my suggestions:
1. Galaxy Quest
2. Legally Blonde
3. Death At a Funeral (Never say “Things could not get any worse.”)
4. Mrs. Doubtfire
5. The Princess Bride
6. You’ve Got Mail
7. Any animated movie (Disney, Pixar, Warner Brothers, etc.)
1. Breathe. Taking some deep breaths may all that’s necessary to clear your head, so you can look at things in a clearer light.
2. Go for a walk. Don’t bring music. Don’t bring anything. Just let your head become clear of all of the stress and bad stuff that is happening.
3. Go exercise. Work off whatever bad energy is around you. Remember what Elle Woods says, “Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. Happy people just don’t shoot their husbands, they just don’t.”
4. Punch a pillow. Silly as it sounds. Taking your anger out on a soft, inanimate object can help. (Just don’t do this to stuffed animals. They have feelings too.)
5. Talk to someone. Sometimes, it just helps to vent to someone and get everything off of your chest.
6. Take a bath or a shower. Feel all of your emotions leave your body, and go down the drain.
7. Eat a small piece of chocolate. Professor Lupin was right about it helping with dementors (even if they are metaphorical).
And just remember…