A Single Girl’s Dream: Café Fleuri’s Chocolate Bar

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

“Oh my god, there’s a crepe station.  Oh my god, there’s a chocolate soup station.  There literally is chocolate EVERYTHING.”

For all my single ladies out there, a typical February 14th usually involves lots of chocolate, Nicholas Sparks’ movies starring Channing Tatum and, of course, complaining about being single.  A couple months ago, my friend and I decided to relocate our usual Sunday brunch at Lower to the glorious Café Fleuri at the Langham Hotel.

What is Café Fleuri?  Some may call it life-changing, a single-girl’s dream, a kid in a candy store.  But, believe me, nothing does it justice.  Café Fleuri is an all-you-can-eat chocolate bar located in the Financial District of Boston.  However, it’s not for the faint of heart.  Tables upon tables of chocolate fountains, chocolate mousse, crème broulee, chocolate truffles (…I could go on and on…) await you. 

Surprisingly, this place is a hidden gem.  I hadn’t heard of it until browsing the endless Yelp suggestions for brunch.  I suggest grabbing a couple of your girlfriends and treating yourself.  While the price tag is hefty ($45), it is oh-so-worth it.  Single Awareness Day, the week before exams, birthdays, whatever the occasion—any self-respecting chocoholic needs to visit this place.

Caitlin is currently a student at Boston College studying English and Pre-Law.  At BC, she is a member of the Boston College Irish Dance Club, on the Honors Program Student Executive Board's Community Service Committee, and interns and writes for the fashion and culture blog Rusted Revolution.  She has been wriring for Her Campus BC since Jaunary 2011 and is serving as BC's Campus Correspondent for the 2012-2013 school year.  Outside of school, she is a competitive Irish dancer, and has been dancing for 18 years. During her high school career, she completed an engineering project at Case Western Reserve University that made her one of 40 Intel Science Talent Search Finalists in 2009.   In addition to all of this, Caitlin loves reading, yoga, running, shopping, spending time with friends and family, and traveling.