The Sex Files: Halloween Weekend 101

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

Everyone’s favorite time of year is right around the corner: Halloween!  Free candy, scaring your friends, and lots of amazing Halloween parties!  What could be better?

Well, I’m here to tell you.  This year, we’d like to invite all of you to go trick-or-treating on campus.  While there will not be candy at these rooms, there will be something even better (and arguably more useful) – CONDOMS!  That’s right folks.  Thanks to the lovely members of BC Students for Sexual Health, our Safe Sites will be up and running just in time for Halloween weekend (October 26th).

So, many of you are asking, “What is this magical concept called a safe site and what do I get if I trick-or-treat there?”  Excellent question, insightful collegiette.  A Safe Site is a location on or off campus where you can get condoms, lubricant, and other sexual health resources.  Some safe sites, called super safe sites, also include female condoms, dental dams, and other comprehensive sex ed materials.  Please, try to contain your excitement.  You can find the list of safe site locations here!

Now, though Halloween is all about being someone you’re not and dealing with the consequences later, we’re here to make sure that the crazy part of you which comes out after the sun goes down is protecting the you that’s around the rest of the year.  So, on that note, we would like to encourage all you goblins and ghosts to stop by one of our safe sites to make sure you’re having a safe and protected weekend.  Also, some mystery fairies will be traveling around giving out condoms throughout the night, so keep an eye out!

If you’re hosting a party this weekend, consider having BCSSH provide you with a FREE responsible party kit!  To apply for a kit, you must be 21 and the party must be registered.  Each kit comes with 20 Solo Cups, each with a condom taped to the bottom.  To apply, check out our website, BCSSH.com!

Interested in protecting your teeth after gorging on candy all night?  Maybe BC Students for Dental Health will be making another surprise appearance with their floss!

Happy and SAFE partying!  Hopefully this year it won’t snow… We will also be having a distribution on College Road on Friday, October 26th so be sure to stop by!

Peace, love and lube,
BCSSH

Photo Credits:
http://thumbnails.visually.netdna-cdn.com/what-is-your-halloween-alter-e…
http://raincoaster.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/julia-allison-condom-fair…

Caitlin is currently a student at Boston College studying English and Pre-Law.  At BC, she is a member of the Boston College Irish Dance Club, on the Honors Program Student Executive Board's Community Service Committee, and interns and writes for the fashion and culture blog Rusted Revolution.  She has been wriring for Her Campus BC since Jaunary 2011 and is serving as BC's Campus Correspondent for the 2012-2013 school year.  Outside of school, she is a competitive Irish dancer, and has been dancing for 18 years. During her high school career, she completed an engineering project at Case Western Reserve University that made her one of 40 Intel Science Talent Search Finalists in 2009.   In addition to all of this, Caitlin loves reading, yoga, running, shopping, spending time with friends and family, and traveling.