Quick Fixes For Waking Up Late

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

We’ve all been there. You slept through your alarm and now you only have 15 minutes to get to your 9 a.m. You question why you even decided to take this class in the first place. Now the cute guy who sits three seats over is going to see you as a total wreck! You could always just skip class, right? Wrong. Here are some simple steps to looking BC acceptable when you really just rolled out of bed.

1. Leggings

No one really wants to be putting on pants right after getting out of bed, so thankfully we were given the gift of leggings! Slip into a pair of these and you are set to go.

2. Flannel

When the heat comes on in the dorms, sometimes it’s just too hot to wear a shirt to bed. So what do you wear? A sports bra. When you wake up in the morning, just throw a flannel over it, button it up, and it looks like you are wearing a tank top underneath.

3. Messy bun

This is the easiest go-to when you wake up late. It doesn’t matter if you wake up with bed hair, just a few quick turns of a hair elastic and you’re done.

4. Cover up, mascara, blush

Cover the bags under your eyes with cover up. Add mascara to give your eyes a little pop. Throw a little blush onto your cheeks and you have a natural look that will make your face seem a little brighter.

5. Riding boots

How many girls do you see walking around campus wearing riding boots? A lot. Put on yours and you will fit right in, unlike if you wore your slippers to class.

6. Perfume

As you run out the door, spritz yourself down with your favorite body spray to freshen up. And don’t forget your backpack, jacket and BC ID as you sprint to class!

Alana is currently a junior at Boston College studying Communications and marketing. She is the Publicity director and events coordinator for Her Campus BC as well as being a part of the editorial team. 
Kelsey Damassa is in her senior year at Boston College, majoring in Communications and English. She is a native of Connecticut and frequents New York City like it is her job. On campus, she is the Campus Correspondent for the Boston College branch of Her Campus. She also teaches group fitness classes at the campus gym (both Spinning and Pump It Up!) and is an avid runner. She has run five half-marathons as well as the Boston Marathon. In her free time, Kelsey loves to bake (cupcakes anyone?), watch Disney movies, exercise, read any kind of novel with a Starbucks latte in hand, and watch endless episodes of "Friends" or "30 Rock."