Quick & Easy Hair Tips from Be Styled

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at BC chapter.

Can you believe we have officially been back to school for a total of 3 weeks? I am sure you have all organized your basic daily routines from the moment you get up to when you go to bed. Part every girl’s daily routine is always “the getting ready process.” Whether it is for classes or a night out, hair, make-up and outfits are always a crucial part of what needs to be organized for the day. Although routines help us get through our days, sometimes they create a sense of monotony and boringness, and I feel that getting ready should never be boring because we should always look fabulous!

In agreement with my ideas on getting ready are the fabulous stylists and staff members of Be Styled Blow-dry bar. In order to spice up our back-to-school routines, Be Styled has offered us some tips for quick hairstyles that will spice up our styles.

No matter whether you choose to “Be Sleek” or “Be Swirly”, Be Styled ensures that their clients will always “Be Pretty.”

be sleek:

• Begin by sectioning desired hair and angling the blow dryer nozzle down along the cuticle shaft.
  • Using high heat, smooth hair with a brush rounding down as you move down the hair shaft for a voluminous effect.
  • When moisture gets into your hair, it starts to frizz, so a perfect blow dry means ensuring hair is 100% dry every time before you walk out the door.
  • A blow dry should last all day, but if you¹re heading out on the town, use a flat iron as your very last step. Be sure to finish with long-lasting hairspray.

be swirly:

• This classy look is the perfect way to spice up your hair routine. To begin, start with hair smooth and completely blown out.
  • With a 1 1/2 inch curling iron, curl each section in the desired direction.
  • Hold hair with fingers and wrap around the barrel.
  • As you work toward the front of the face, work the curling iron back off the face for a framing effect.
  • When finished, lightly brush or use fingers to stretch curls to create a ³imperfect² and naturally curly look.

Now if you are “hair-illiterate”, such as myself, you can always take the short trip the Be Styled’s Chestnut Hill location, in The Street, and have them style your hair perfectly for your face and occasion for a reasonable $35. With a key focus on socialization, I am a huge fan of Be Styled because just as the founder Nick Penna wanted, “Be Styled creates the mood for a perfect night out. You can come to have a cocktail or coffee with your girlfriends, nibble on some snacks, watch a chick flick, chat with your friends or scroll through the iPads at each seat as you are pampered by our friendly stylists.”

A helpful hint for keeping that hairstyle intact for a one more day or even a few more hours: dry shampoo! Dry shampoo as well as a little blowdrying touch-up can do wonders in revitalizing the perfect blowdry! Be Styled sells dry shampoo as well as other products in their salon and you can always ask the stylists for helpful hints and suggestions!!

Whether you try out these styles your self or leave it up to the professionals, Be Styled is your go-to resource for that perfect blow-dry that will make any getting-ready routine easy and enjoyable.

For more information about Be Styled services and styles or to make an appointment, check out their website www.bestyled.com. You can also check them out on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/besty… or follow @bestyledblowdry on Twitter.

Photo Source: www.bestyled.com

Meghan Gibbons is a double major in Communications and Political Science in her senior year at Boston College. Although originally from New Jersey, she is a huge fan of all Boston sports! Along with her at Boston College is her identical twin, who she always enjoys playing twin pranks with. Meghan is a huge foodie, book worm and beach bum